Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Two Things

I have faithfully played with my Wii Fitness Plus 20 days straight. I say "played with" because it sounds so much nicer and more fun than "worked out". But I have. And my center of balance is vastly improved and there has been some (minimal) weight loss but most important is I'm beginning to feel good things in my muscles. Like the glimmer of future toning. Which, as you may recall, is essential if I am to achieve my primary resolution for 2010, which is meeting Michelle Obama. Or, more to the point, not having my upper arms wobble when I shake Michelle Obama's hand upon meeting. (Because I'll bet that it would be a very bad thing if wobble arms whacked the First Lady in the face, causing Secret Service to dog pile on me and landing my wobbly arse on the 6 o'clock news. "Woman attacks First Lady with upper arm fat, after this commercial message". That is NOT how I want my 15 minutes of fame going down, people.


I got a government issued Blackberry today. Or actually, in the parlance - and I'm not making this up - a Blackberry was "deployed" in my name. Point is, I have it and now I'm trying to make sense of it. I did accidentally stumble on the place where one changes the ring tone and I set it to something sort 80s synth popp-y. And I figured out how to change the password. Because the one the phone tech dude gave me was lame. Point is, now I have something which enables me to keep work separate from private life and that's a good thing. Plus, I kinda look like one of the cool kids.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

I'm so proud of your lack of upper arm wobbleness.

January 13, 2010 7:52 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Good upper arm strength will come in handy for using that BB. I have a Storm....don't like the touch screen but I'm stuck with it now.

January 13, 2010 10:07 AM  
Blogger Mom opined...

Tell Michele I send my love when you meet her.

January 13, 2010 10:35 AM  
Blogger Nicole opined...

You know, it can only be a good thing when the government deploys Blackberrys (or does that ies for plural like the fruit?)instead of troops or tanks.

January 13, 2010 11:28 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Good for you, for sticking to your fitness goals! :)

I am yoga'ing it up over here in Chi-town... :)

January 13, 2010 11:31 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

"Woman attacks First Lady with upper arm fat, after this commercial message". Hilarious!

When you meet Michelle, let her know that you and I would make fantastic White House chefs.

It's worth mentioning . . .

January 13, 2010 12:11 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Good on you for getting the guns in shape!
I hear Michelle keeps her arms in shape by arm wrestling.
You should challenge her when you meet..Really,..just do it.

January 13, 2010 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home