Thursday, December 24, 2009

Oh Damn, Guess What I Forgot?

I just got back from my last little run of Christmas errands. Some things are purposely left until the last minute...like fetching delicious bread from the bakery for tonight's soup supper (pumpkin chili this year). I put The Waitresses "Christmas Wrapping" on my iPod, since I was pretty sure it wouldn't be coming on NPR while I was out and about. That song always makes it feel like Christmas Eve.

The house looks like it blew up, all the packages need to be wrapped and I have to start the olive oil brioche for tomorrow night's dinner. Oh, and I have to be at the Cathedral by 4 at the latest to save seats for Mass. So yeah, I'm feeling a bit of a crunch right now. The Child set out to make a Buche de Noel for tomorrow. Her meringue mushrooms are very cute and the espresso chocolate filling is a dream. But her first attempt at rolling the log resulted in something very unloglike and for some reason her Swiss Buttercream frosting won't fluff so now she's just going to make a chocolate layer cake with the espresso filling and decorate with the mushrooms. But it will taste fantastic and the only thing that has her upset at the moment is the fact that The Dog managed to snag and chew on one of the sides of her gingerbread house. Oh well.

Time's a wastin' so I must scurry. But I do hope you have a lovely Christmas Eve. Don't forget the cranberries.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

Do cranberries left over from thanksgiving count?

Merry Christmas to your clan!

Love,
anne

December 24, 2009 2:50 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

I can bring a can of cranberry glop if you'd like......my mother used to grind fresh oranges peel and all, apples with skin and fresh cranberries....grind them up all together...no sugar. My dad loved it....me, not so much...but, if that's what you want.....I will bring some. Merry, merry my friend.

December 24, 2009 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Bs Ha Ha Ha

Guess what I got in the mail. An autographed Christmas card from the Obamas. Pays to be a politician sometimes.

And a Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. Yay!!!

Peace

:+}

December 24, 2009 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home