Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Obligatory Year-End Reflection

Best Trips:
Omaha, NB
Forks, WA

(Yeah, not exactly Paris or Rome but those were very, very fun weekends with my bestie Poodle and loin fruit, respectively).

Best Purchase:
Toss up between the French door fridge with two drawers OR the superfantastic hat Tanya designed for me.

Best Answer to Prayer:
Getting my job on a more permanent level.

Best All Around Thing to Be Grateful For:
The fact that while 2009 was a year of real struggle for so many we were gainfully employed, out of debt, not upside down in our mortgage and no one got swine flu. That's some serious blessing going on right there, my friends.

Best Songs of the Year (meaning, of course, my personal soundtrack):
"Poker Face" - Lady Gaga
"Sneaker Night" - Vanessa Hudgens
"Supermassive Black Hole" - Muse

Best Thing I Ate:
Gotta go with the osso bucco at Peter and Suzanne's anniversary dinner. Glorious.

Best Movie of the Year (meaning, of course, the one I liked the best for extremely personal reasons):
"Julie & Julia"

Best Outfit of 2009:
Has to be the little polka dot number with the boiled wool ruffled jacket that I got at Anthropologie for Ree and Jerry's wedding. Killer.

Greatest Accomplishment:
This is a three way tie between finding a great stylist which allows me to finally truly love my hair every day, beginning a fitness plan and sticking with it BEFORE the new year started and not murdering my teenage daughter. In fact, while I have ruled out murder altogether on moral and religious grounds, boarding school is still very much on the table.



A very happy new year to all of you in Blogopia! May 2010 be kind.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Cliff O'Neill opined...

I'm giggling that you have the Vanessa Hudgens on there. (I own it too, so I'm not to talk.) But it's "Sneaker Light." She sang it as an actual commercial for an actual commercial for a company that makes sneakers that light up when you step.

Why do I know these things?

Have a happy, L!

December 31, 2009 8:03 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Nice list!
HAve a Great New Year!!

December 31, 2009 8:32 AM  
Blogger Mom opined...

Happy new year to you too!

December 31, 2009 12:15 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Cliffie...I hate to correct you of all pop cultural people but it is, in fact, "Sneakernight" (all one word, my bad). She may have done it for a commercial with "light" but it's "night" on the album. You're welcome. You have a happy, too, my friend.

Thanks, Sage. Happy happy.

Thank you, Mom. A very happy to you and yours and here's to meeting for real in '10.

December 31, 2009 1:07 PM  
Blogger Cliff O'Neill opined...

I am SUCH a boob!! I really should have looked at the title in my iTunes first! *forehead slap*

But, yeah, she did do it as a commercial first and the non-"light" part followed. At least I got that part right.

(I remember reading about this trend in Billboard, as they referenced Chris Brown's Doublemint gum-inspired "Forever" and a few others.)

Happy 2010!

December 31, 2009 1:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

That's a pretty awesome list there, Lorraine. I especially like the boarding school idea, though now that Daughter and I are FB friends, I'm beginning to see her in a new light. LOL. Thankfully, I'm NOT her mom. SOOO happy to be beyond the teenage daughter years!

Have a very Happy New Year's Eve!!!

December 31, 2009 4:55 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

You know,I'm sending my most fervent blessings on the house of Rainey for a happy and prosperous new year!
I've officially begun this decade on a positive note my own self. :)

January 01, 2010 12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

Yay!!! Happy New Year!!! To you and yours!!!

Peace

:+}

January 01, 2010 12:58 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I'll begin making a list of boarding schools in the Greater Chicago Area. Just in case.

Don't forget -- Emmitt is still here.

January 01, 2010 8:12 AM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

Happy new year to you too.

And Julie & Julia makes it into my Top 5 too. I thought it was just wonderful.

January 02, 2010 11:01 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Well... that's quite a list. 2009 was not the best year for us....but I have to agree with the anonymous comment....happy happy 2010 to you Lorraine and your family. Remember, she will be 17 next....then 18....

January 02, 2010 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

January 03, 2010 10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Just interrupting the comment stream to add that I love all of your older articles as well.

And please don't kill the child. I don't have any other nieces yet.

January 04, 2010 5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home