Monday, December 28, 2009

On the Third Day of Christmas I Had to Go Back to Work

I am very thankful that I love my job because I would be ever so sad right now if I didn't. We had a very nice Christmas day and a very nice Non Sans Jammie and a very nice yesterday and I kinda wish I could stay home some more. In fact, I feel, right this very minute, precisely the way I felt on the first-morning-back-to-school-after-Christmas-break. Likely one of the top 10 most horrible feelings you can feel (which is not to be confused with the Top Ten Truly Most Horrible Feelings List, which is composed of truly bad stuff no one would ever ever want to feel).

I don't feel like dressing up (even though we don't really have a dress code and I'm sure it will be fine with MAB if I show up in jeans). I just want to sit here and drink delicious coffee. Then later I would want to play with my new Wii Fitness Plus which I asked for and received for Christmas which I already like very much. Turns out that I have a normal BMI, which was nice to hear, but I do need some tone and balance. (I so favor my right side, it turns out, that when I try to balance myself with the little yellow sphere on the system I have to shift my weight so much to the left that it feels unnatural. But once I realign my balance I should have improved posture and perhaps even begin to glide when I walk like a princess or something).

Poo. No time for this. Must get dressed, even if it is only jeans and a jacket. The sooner I leave this house of slumbering, vacationing people the better I'll no doubt feel. Have a lovely day.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Mom opined...

I do love being retired. I never have to get dressed and go back to work.

December 28, 2009 8:46 AM  
Blogger Ruth Fraser Davis opined...

As if getting up and out wasn't hard enough, its leaving behind the cozy slumber-sloths. Have a jolly day anyway. Perhaps those afore mentioned will fix a sumptuous dinner for you to come home to.

December 28, 2009 10:24 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

I'm at work today, too. It's nice and quiet here, I should be able to get a lot done.

should.

December 28, 2009 1:28 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

I felt a wee bit sad, too, going back to work this morning. But like you said, at least I like my job--I can't imagine how I'd feel if I didn't!! :)

Well, at least it's a 4-day week (or 3-day, if you're really lucky), right? :)

Happy New Year!! :)

December 28, 2009 7:17 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I feel sad coming back to O-Town..
I go back to work tomorrow.
Crap.

December 28, 2009 10:03 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Mom, I like to think I was truly sensible of my blessings -like vacation as long as necessary - during all those years I was a stay-at-home with The Child...and I think I was for the most part...but dang. Although, love you though I do, I would suggest you occasionally wear clothes. It's the done thing.

DJ: It's the cozy slumbering sloths bit what does bite the most. And I made dinner. Because the Head Sloth went for a cocktail with a visiting friend. Which I can't begrudge but, yeah, I kinda do.

Anne, sheesh. I got NOTHING done at work today and I was running around the whole bloody time. What the H?

MHP: I will get - at most - a 3.5 day week. Depends on if the Prez gives "non essentials" a half day on the 31st. Otherwise, all I get is Friday. Which is fine. So long as I can get away to buy the good caviar for New Year's Eve.

Sling, well, just Crap. Did you have a nice b'day? I was thinking and thinking and thinking about you but didn't call 'cause you were away. Did you feel me thinking and thinking and thinking about you?

December 28, 2009 10:33 PM  
Blogger Doralong opined...

I feel your pain, I'm the only one in the family that has to go anywhere this week and it stinks! Next year I swear I'm taking leave during the holidays.

December 29, 2009 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home