Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Things I Have Already Learned This Year

Don't neglect to wear shoes when working out. Even if you're working out with a computer.

The Coke from Canada doesn't taste as sweet as the Coke from Mexico.

I've become much more of a hardass at work than I was a year ago. Some people are just trouble and when you know it you know it. And when they are trouble you keep 'em on a very short leash. It's not my job to tolerate bad behavior. (Exchange from yesterday with a very unpleasant woman: Her: "I don't have time for a tour. Just give me the papers to sign so I can get out of here". Me: (politely but oh so firmly): "M'am, if you'd like to go over to the hospital first and take care of your husband's business you're welcome to do that. But you have to take the tour before you sign the papers and you have to sign the papers before you get a key. What would you like to do?")

It may sound like a good idea (ala Ben and Jerry's) to make a milkshake out of cherry pie (crust and all) but it will not be a success and it is OK to tell the well-meaning person who made the attempt that it is gross and should never been done ever, ever again.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

Good thing I already took the tour.

January 05, 2010 8:13 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Hum, have to wonder why the husband was in the hospital...bitched to near death maybe?

Sorry, but that milkshake concoction sounds horrible.

January 05, 2010 9:01 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Way to go on the hardass thing!
If people don't want to get bitch-slapped,they shouldn't force others to do it.
Also,..as much as I LOVE sliced jalapenos,they taste really crappy on Raisin Bran.

January 05, 2010 10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

O.K. Now I am curious. What hapened without the shoes?

Happy New Year again.

Peace

:+}

January 05, 2010 12:21 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

I hate to wear shoes

January 05, 2010 5:07 PM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

really? no cherry pie.... I am making a note

January 06, 2010 5:41 AM  
Blogger Nicole opined...

politely powerful - I love that.

January 06, 2010 11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

The thing about the shoes is that then I have to put on actual workout clothes instead of just my underwear.

I hate it when the people at the gym point at me and laugh.

January 06, 2010 9:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Stopping by to say hello! and take away a smile.
Yuck to the cherry pie shake. You called that right.

January 07, 2010 5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home