Monday, December 21, 2009

A Public Service Announcemnet & Some Other Things

This morning a cursory glance at my calendar informed me that Christmas is on Friday. For many all over the world, this is a day of joy and feasting. Owing to the particular nature of the feast, something of a fuss is usually made. If you haven't already, you might want to get started on that.


Recent Accomplishments:

The Child's God-mom had called a few days ago and I only called her back on Friday. And left a message. So she called me back on Saturday. First words out of her mouth were, "Is everything ok with you guys?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, you're usually so good about returning calls and I started to worry".

"I was good at returning calls right away when that was all I had to do," I replied. "Since I've gone back to work I've gotten good at returning calls sometime in this decade".

Fortunately, she understood.

That said, I did manage to accomplish some not-work-related things this weekend:

I reviewed all the Christmas presents that have been purchased over the last 2 weekends and have everyone covered. (I also, truth be told, picked up a few little stocking stuffers for myself because I am so easy to buy for).

The menu for Christmas dinner is planned and groceries purchased.

I took the pile of hand-wash-only laundry that has been sitting on my dresser for over a week and laundered it. (In a pillow case, on "delicate"...I"m not insane).

I cleaned my room. (It's his, too, but the mess was mostly mine...which is kinda amazing, giving The Spouse's propensity to just drop stuff wherever. (A trait, btw, which is genetic and has been passed on to The Child).

I put new flannel sheets on the bed; sheets that I purchased for a screaming deal at Costco last week and which have been sitting in their package, on the dining room table for that long).

Sent out evites for Sing for Your Supper.

****

We watched "Clueless" last night, as that is the only movie with Brittany Murphy in it that we own (or, frankly, that I have seen). She was no Heath Ledger, but it is very sad when any young person goes before their time. Last I heard prelim reports were that it was natural causes and sad as it is, I hope so because it's one thing to die tragically and quite another to die stupid.

***

I thought I'd lost my iPod but I didn't. That made me really happy.

***

19 years ago today The Spouse asked me to marry him. Spoiler Alert: I said 'yes'.

***

Both The Spouse and The Child are now officially on holiday until the 4th of January.

I am not.

***

Happy Winter Solstice!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Fraser Davis opined...

Whew! Glad for the update. I too was a wee bit concerned. Now I know all I need for a happy holiday on this end. Thanks.

December 21, 2009 7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Thank you for the spoiler alert. I'll probably still see the movie anyway, on account of I really enjoy the cast. And a good comedy.

December 21, 2009 12:03 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Just as I was crossing my arms,and tapping my feet with impatience,..You posted!
I've heard of this Christmas thing of which you speak,but I've been too busy trying to keep my damm oil lamp lit for the past week or so to pay much attention.
Did I ever tell you I've often considered converting to Judaism?
I love that Old Testament stuff.
Of course,..none of this has anything to do with the fact that you've finally straightened up your room.
Many,many blessings on your house my friend.

December 21, 2009 6:03 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

Glad to know you are alive, well, and into the holiday spirit. have a wonderful holiday. if you have time stop by the party over on my blog.

December 21, 2009 6:08 PM  
Blogger Al In The County opined...

Okay, so he proposed. Then you said yes. Can't wait to hear what happened next!

December 22, 2009 6:27 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Wow Christmas is around the corner... I should get some shopping done.

December 22, 2009 7:12 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Merry, Merry, Miss Rainey! *smiles*

December 22, 2009 8:12 PM  
Blogger Anne opined...

I think my evite got lost in the mail.

December 24, 2009 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home