Thursday, January 14, 2010

4 Things

I had a theme going and yesterday was supposed to be about three things but it was one of those days so now we're up to 4. It was one of those days because we had some teenage angsty drama with our Aussie. Long story. Suffice to say that our Aussie was very homesick (her mum told me that she probably wasn't ready to make such a trip) and has moved to another house where there is another student from her school. There were bits about it all that were very annoying but the good news is that The Child took it all very well (and not at all personally, which is good, since it wasn't) and frankly, it's nice to know that there's a three day weekend ahead wherein I will not be required to entertain someone else and can just veg.

The Cat is weird. Every morning, very early, she comes into our room, jumps up on my nightstand and drinks from my water glass. The "clink" of her collar on the glass wakes me up and then I instantly get very thirsty, which requires me to get up and get fresh water because, while cats are not known for being a drooly animal, who wants to drink water that has potential cat spit in it? Not me. I've tried leaving out a decoy glass but she always goes to the one nearest me. Every night. The Spouse has suggested a sippy cup.

My little Wii Fit friend informed me today that I am only 10 pounds from my weight goal. I love my little Wii Fit friend.

Project Runway is back! New season premiers tonight. Yippee! And also, skippy! Not to mention, it means I get to start work late on Friday because, as you know, MAB insists that I have my recap up before I come in to the office. I love my job.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Barb opined...

Just heard recently that there is now "Project Runway" fabric. I'm keeping my eyes out!

January 14, 2010 7:50 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

"cat spit"

priceless.

January 14, 2010 9:54 AM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

I have to take a covered cup with a straw to keep by the bed or the cat would baptize the bedside table each night. My MIL will drink after the cat. Ewww. I keep imagining it scratching around in the litter box then putting it's paw in my drink.

I fear my WiiFit friend is going to say, "Well, I see you finally decided to show up. Hope it wasn't too much trouble for you. Oops, looks like your goal weight needs to be adjusted. Again."

January 14, 2010 10:13 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

You have to get past the cat spit. Do you realize that you have already drank from a cat spit glass, eaten thousands of kitty hairs and probably kissed that cat spit face even more? As for the Aussie kid....go with my original thought...get an Australian Shepherd....less prone to emotional outbreaks.

January 14, 2010 11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Unless there's a hairball, that water is fine.

We will have to discuss the Aussie situation, which works because I needed to call you this week anyway.

Refusing to watch Runway. Mean it this time. Really.

January 14, 2010 12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I inclination not approve on it. I think warm-hearted post. Particularly the title-deed attracted me to study the unscathed story.

January 14, 2010 2:14 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

I would prefer not to drink after the cat. It just seems not quite right.

January 14, 2010 5:41 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Barb - my neighbor gave me a Project Runway sewing box. Which is ironic since I don't sew. But it's way cool. And sorry I haven't gotten back to you about the wallet....maybe one in PR fabric when you find it?

Anne - I try to accommodate.

BA - See? Sippy cup. And I suspect that is exactly what your Wii would say. It was pretty bitchy with me the one time I missed a day.

Rosie, I'm going to forget you said that. Except for the dog part. You may have something there.

Ready to dish when you are, Poodle.

Anonymous, thank you?

I knew you'd understand, Mom.

January 14, 2010 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home