Saturday, December 01, 2007

God Baked a Cake Last Night

But then She felt lazy so instead of bothering with 7 minute icing, She just dusted it with confectioners sugar.
Someone isn't quite sure what to make of it.I was very excited when I woke up super early and saw the snow. I had reluctantly agreed to judge an all-day speech tournament and the falling snow hinted at a cancellation. Then we confirmed it was still on so I was sad. Then we got to the tourney and the coach (who is also The Child's home room teacher) said he was going to judge so I didn't have to if I didn't want. I told him he was a rock star, wished The Child luck and fled before Mr. R. changed his mind.

As if that wasn't all reason enough to be gladsome, I stopped by Hat's to inspect her holiday finery and man o man is it superfantastic. Plus she has a link to a site where you can make snowflakes. It's too much fun and nearly as addictive as Speed Scrabble. I've already make 3. There's a link on my sidebar, because I'm a big fat copy cat, and I plan to make a snowflake every day this winter. You should, too.

Then JP called to say he was in the club and we made all sorts of plans for a "Here's the 80s" Christmas party (next weekend - make a note) and so now I have all sorts of things to do. I have to make sure Sling can bartend, order liquor, hire a caterer, line up the bands. It's a lot but I can do it because I'm warm and cozy in my little kitchen instead of sitting in a high school classroom judging largish children. Yippee to the skippy!

Labels: , , , ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

CHRISTMAS PARTY AT THE CLUB!?!?

(passes out)

December 01, 2007 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

[dumps bucket of snow on Hat to revive her.]

December 01, 2007 12:15 PM  
Blogger Nunnie's Attic opined...

(Sheepishly standing around cause no one wants to play with the fat girl)
Love,
Julie

December 01, 2007 1:47 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

(throws snowball at Julie for being a silly)

December 01, 2007 2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

oh no she did not just play the fat girl card!
(throws Julie into the snow and joins her in making the biggest fattest most glorious snow angels the world has ever had the pleasure to see) Hmpf!

December 01, 2007 2:50 PM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

mouse is makeing a snow angle... because back in the midwest, there isnt snow, only ice

December 01, 2007 4:26 PM  
Blogger Nunnie's Attic opined...

OOOOH snowangels! I love them! Look how pretty they are. All curvy and whatnot.

Don't eat the yellow snow!

Love,
Julie

December 01, 2007 4:28 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yellow snow? Dammit, JP!

December 01, 2007 4:53 PM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

Hey, I was helping Firecracker email Santa and decided to try out a link to an Advent Calendar, which sent me to a site called Snow Days, and I started clicking flakes, and by golly I found one from Lorraine in Seattle! How cool is that?

December 01, 2007 5:03 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

That is so frakking cool, Bad Alice! Cocoa?

December 01, 2007 5:09 PM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

With marshmallows, please, and a shot of something.

December 01, 2007 8:09 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Comin' right up...

December 01, 2007 8:11 PM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

Snow in Seattle? Will it hurt the oysters?
NOOOoooo!

December 03, 2007 6:22 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

Help!
I can't find the link to the snow flakes on Hat's site, where is it?

December 03, 2007 7:50 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

The oysters are fine, Buck. They are best served chilled.

It's the little blue box on the side bar, Anne. The one that says "Need a snow day?"

But I'm warning you: there's an addiction factor of 10.

December 03, 2007 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home