Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Song for Thanksgiving

Good morning! I meant to get up at 7 but now it's 8. I'm thankful for sleeping in.

There is frost on the ground but the sky is clear and blue. I'm thankful for November.

The house is not exactly in a state of readiness for Buck. Yesterday involved a lot more running around than I had anticipated. But I'm thankful for a house to clean and people to help me do it. Assuming, you know, that they help.

Today is The Dog's 3rd birthday. ("21", said The Spouse. "Now he can drink"). I'm thankful for my doggie who worships me and The Cat, who could care less about me most of the time but still deigns to sit on my lap and purr once in a while.

There is much to think on and offer up today. My finger didn't fall off, for one thing. A 4 day weekend, for another. Being 50. Having once been a teenager myself so I can remember what completely irrational beings they can be. Having friends. Good friends. Friends near and far. Friends down the street and in Blogtopia.

Yes. I'm grateful. I also don't have any time to make some poignant comment about said gratitude because if Buck is on time I gotta leave here in an hour and I'm so not ready for him. (Clean sheets on the guest bed are not a luxury but a requirement).

Oh, and here's something else to be grateful for: Scottish boys who make guitars sound like bagpipes!

Happy Thanksgiving, dear ones!



Big Country "Harvest Home"

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Happy Thanksgiving, Lorraine and familia!!--and tell Jonathan I said Happy Turkey Day to him, as well!!

Take care of my dooder while he's there! *smiles*

Love,

MHP :)

November 22, 2007 9:30 AM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

You can never be too thankful for Scottish boys. Just sayin'.

Hope you had a loverly holiday and are still enjoying the weekend!!

November 23, 2007 5:55 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

MHP: Dooder Care activated. Have a great holiday with the fam! Love to you and Iwanski.

Red, Amen and amen. You have a great one, too, schweets.

November 23, 2007 7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Shah.

November 23, 2007 8:25 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

JP, I think you mean, "SHAH!"

Also, you'll be happy to know that The Child has, in fact, called Buck "Uncle JP" at least 4 times already.

November 23, 2007 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home