Friday, July 06, 2007

Take Nothing But Photographs, Leave Nothing But Footprints

No time for intensive blogging today. Must away to a breakfast spot called "Orange" that The Child is keen on. (French toast kabobs and fruit sushi. Well, of course). Then, finally, to the Art Institute. Then it's home to meet Jon for lunch, tidy up and get ourselves to Midway for the flight home.

There is still much to show and tell. Food. "Wicked". Food. But that will have to wait for home.

It will be good to be home. The Dog will, we're sure, levitate when he sees us. The Cat will, no doubt, shun us for several days to let us know how displeased she is that we abandoned her for lo these many days. And that's as it should be. It is always nice to get home from a long trip, to sleep in one's own bed, to be in one's own neighborhood. But even so, I feel like I'm leaving my other neighborhood. I know the fabled song refers to San Francisco but I'm leaving part of my heart in Chicago.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger TWISI opined...

It sounds like you have had a great trip with memories that will last a lifetime.... as it should be!

K

July 06, 2007 8:29 AM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

sniff
sniff
im gonna miss you girl!

July 06, 2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I'm soooo sad! I feel like y'all belong in Chicago now. Going back to Seattle just isn't right.

July 06, 2007 9:52 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

What a great trip you have chronicled...I feel like I have been right there. I love Chicago. It is so alive and the things to do out number the time you have. Enjoy the Institute. I can hardly wait to hear what you thought of it. My kids still remember the suits of armor.

July 06, 2007 9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I'm with Rosemary. You should be paid to promote that fine city. I never really had a desire to visit it again, but now...I'm thinkin yes. Can't wait to hear your review of 'Wicked'.

July 06, 2007 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I agree with Jon...I also feel like y'all belong in Chicago!!

I couldn't believe how sad I felt this morning...it's really incredible that we only met you guys in person a week ago...yet you already feel like family!!

Well, rest assured that your Chicago family will miss you...

Oh, and Lorraine, thanks for sharing your wisdom about having children the other night...I don't know if you could tell, but it really "got" to me. Someday hopefully little Iwanskis will be walking around talking about "Auntie Lorraine." *smiles*

Love,

MHP :)

July 06, 2007 1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Here am I, all excited that you're coming back home, until I suddenly realized that we still don't live in the same city and you're probably just as far away from me in Seattle as you were in Chicago.

Oh well. It's Friday; let's drink.

July 06, 2007 2:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

OK, MHP's comment got me all choked up. I can totally imagine all those little Iwanskis calling you "Auntie Lorraine".

July 10, 2007 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home