Monday, July 02, 2007

A Taste of Fun

We went to the Taste of Chicago tonight, primarily motivated by two forces. One, there was going to be a showcase of Broadway shows that are currently or soon to be playing in Chicago, one of which was "High School Musical". As we arrived at Millennium Park we could hear the strains of the show. The Child ran. Partly to get there in time, partly to get away from me, as I was singing along at the top of my embarrassingly maternal lungs. The other reason was this:



Yeah. That would be me and the Mouse.


It was so cool. When we got to the Park The Spouse called her and she talked us in. Then we spied each other and started crazy stoopid waving. The Spouse got to her first and she was all, "I don't care about you" and ran for me. Big silly hugs, like long lost sisters or some damn thing. (She did eventually greet The Spouse, 'cause she's nice like that). We met her charming husband, the Swiss Son and her Pre-teen and then made ourselves at home on their blankets.

Later we hooked up with the Iwanskis, too. And the funny thing was, we all pretty much sat there just talking about this and that...no big "so, tell me about yourself" stuff because, as Mouse observed, we already know so much about each other. (And that thing you've always thought about her...that she seems really funny and warm...you're right).


It was just a fun time hanging with comfortable friends, eating some pirogies and Polish dogs and chocolate covered strawberries (because we were at the Taste, after all). And after a couple of very pleasant hours, we went our separate ways. But not for long. The Mouse family is coming to our trailer trash party tomorrow.


Whoo to the hoo.


And as long as I'm finally getting my photos downloaded, here's some more unadulterated photographic proof that my blog buddies are real people:


Buck and me, Friday night at his place.

Me and the Iwanskis on Saturday night. Yes, those are tears in my eyes.

Jake and Elwood.And me, Iwanski and Mouse tonight.Dang.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Citymouse opined...

you are the fastest poster in the midwest woman! (and i got a big awwww from my family we read what you wrote) Awww from me too!

July 02, 2007 9:49 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Well, you know how it is when you're inspired, Mouse! You guys are so cool - just like I figured you'd be. Can't wait for our corn dog fete tonight!

July 03, 2007 8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I'm so happy for all of you! Lorraine you are pretty much the most adorable thing on the planet I'll have you know. Cute little red nose when you cry. My hell woman!

July 03, 2007 9:18 AM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Hooray -- a meeting of lost long friends who never met. Most times not, but sometimes ... technology is a thing of beauty.

July 04, 2007 8:42 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Red, just last night we were blessing Al Gore for creating the interwebs!

July 04, 2007 10:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Dang! I want to be THERE! I want to meet Jon and John and MHP and Mouse and of course, the Thomases, and eat really great food. Dang!

July 10, 2007 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home