Monday, July 02, 2007

Monday in Chicago

As it turned out, everyone was massively worn out from Saturday so we didn't go out to dinner. Instead, we ordered pizza, which was delicious, and watched the Michael Keaton "Batman", which truly is a heinous film.

Now we're fixin' on going to the "fried oyster" place to not eat fried oysters, pick up some groceries for the 3rd of July party and then Buck and The Child are going sightseeing with Portia-the-Chocolate-Lab-and-Best-Dog-in-the-World, while The Spouse and I have some mommy and daddy time. I think he plans on playing Star Wars on the Playstation.

Oh! And I talked to City Mouse this morning. Dig this. She's real. We're hooking up with her and the family at the Taste of Chicago tonight.

Last night, as we sat on the balcony and admired Chicago, The Spouse said, "You know, we've always said we wanted to get a condo in the city. We never said it had to be in Seattle". So the new plan is to buy the penthouse in Marina Towers and the apartment below it. We'll put in a spiral staircase and a submarine hatch. We'll rent the lower flat to Jon, for the mere monthly rent of his age and then, whenever we need a hit of Chicago, we'll be set.

And as we sat there fantasizing about living part-time in Chicago we realized something else. Next time we come here it won't be to meet blog buddies. We will come here to see our friends.

Must run. Fried green tomatoes are calling my name.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I got nuthin. I mean, I'm really trying to push all of this silly jealousy aside and just be happy for you. But as it turns out, I am not a very good person.

July 02, 2007 11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Awww...I really do think you guys should buy a condo here! How fun! *smiles*

Hey, John & I are going to Taste tonight, as well--can we meet up with y'all? We probably won't get there until 6 or so...maybe we can communicate by cell phone. Which reminds me...what the heck is your cell phone number? You know mine (I got The Spouse's message this morning)...so call me and let me know what your number is...m'kay?

Looking forward to seeing y'all! :)

MHP :)

July 02, 2007 11:52 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Hat, don't be jealous. Remember, we could totally have all sorts of northwesty adventures and brag on and on about them and make everyone else jealous. You're a very good person.

MHP: Silly Spouse. When he called last night I said, "Dude, you didn't leave our numbers". Goof. Calling now.

July 02, 2007 12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I wish my rent was the same as my age. Or even my weight. Let's make it my weight, because then I would have more incentive.

Landlord: Why are you giving me less money than you gave me last month?

Me: Because I lost 4 pounds, that's why! Ha Ha Ha!

July 02, 2007 12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

ooOOoo! Rent based by weight! That would be marvel...scratch that.

July 02, 2007 1:41 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

JP: We can get three apartments.

Hat: Yeah, that weight idea of JP's is just crazy talk. If you want, we can get 4 apartments. Your rent would be paid in pie.

July 02, 2007 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Substitute payment in 'pie' with payment in 'hat pins' and you've got'cherself a deal!

(pshaw! pay my rent in pie! as if I would part with my pie. clearly the humidity is affecting her half of the brain...)

July 02, 2007 2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

OK, let me get this straight, you're going to the Cajun place to not eat fried oysters and THEN you're going to the Taste of Chicago.

What a foodie paradise you're living in this week.

Checked out the Posh website - oh.my.gwad. You need to buy stock in that place.

XO nayb

July 02, 2007 2:18 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Neigh, when you pick us up at the airport on Friday? Look for the really, really fat people.

July 02, 2007 3:58 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I'm pretty sure I saw you guys on WGN last night,..Looking quite the Chicagoanians....Really.

July 02, 2007 5:28 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh, yeah. That was us, Sling!

July 02, 2007 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home