Monday, July 02, 2007

Something To Cheer The Hat

As we were leaving the Taste tonight, we saw fireflies. Of course, those little lights aren't the flies. They are a bit camera shy. But that's The Child getting her first look at 'em. And Iwanski caught one and it wandered and blinked on his hand for a bit before flying off again.

And it was, as one's first sighting of fireflies always is, totally magical. When I called Uncle JP later (because I want him to feel like he's with us), he expressed his surprise that they were out so early in the season. I think it's because we lead a charmed life.

So anyway, Hat, I'm super sorry that Maui has taken flight and I pray to St. Francis that he comes capering home soon. But even as we watched the fireflies (and before I knew about the cat) I said, "Oh, this is going to make The Hat so happy".

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

This comment has been removed by the author.

July 02, 2007 10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Reading about The Child's first experience with fireflies makes me very happy indeed. I lived on the Iowa/Illinois border the first time I saw them and it remains one of the most magical moments of my life. She'll never forget it.

I had originally posted a comment with my new kitty pic but I didn't like how it looked so I'm posting this one instead:

^ ^
(>"<)
(")(")
Meow

Looks just like'hm :)

July 02, 2007 11:29 PM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

Fireflies!! Oh, it's so excellent, how they NEVER stop making everything seem just a little enchanted. Of course, a cocktail or two helps the when you get older.

This was a really sweet thing, to cheer up Hat.

July 03, 2007 7:51 AM  
Blogger Mom opined...

Fireflies are magical and sprinkle fairy dust wherever they go.

July 03, 2007 8:33 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Hat, that's a very nice kitty. It was pretty cool to have a little more magic in the midst of a wonderful time.

BB: I'm just happy she didn't have to wait until she was an adult to see them!

Mom: Truly, truly magical creatures. They and lady bugs are the two creepy crawlies that seem to truly have a right to exist.

July 03, 2007 8:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

I've never seen fireflies. I'm so deprived.

July 10, 2007 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home