Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Go Cubs!

I just like saying that.

I put some food pictures up over at "Here's the Dish", in case you're interested.

A small wall has been hit. We were going to go to the Art Institute and recreate a Ferris Bueller moment.
Turns out that digesting takes a lot out of you.

So instead The Child is singing karaoke, The Spouse is reading and I'm fixin' up some eats for the 3rd of July party. In a bit The Child and I will sally forth to find some hot dogs (not hungry, just peckish) and do a little more shopping. The walking around is exceedingly necessary.

Here's my favorite view from "our" flat:

We're right above the Chicago River.

Look north and you see this:
Look south and you can wave to Iwanski (the building with the blue "condo" sign on it).
Here's a shot of the neighboring balconies. JP doesn't like the heights. He asked last night if I was on the Balcony of Terror.
The Child and I listening to the concert last night at The Taste. Other Taste revellers, with the Chicago skyline behind them.
Posing at Milennium Park. Some shots I took for JP. This is reportedly his favorite building in Chicago.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Wow. I'm ever so jealous.

You must find the time to go to the Art Institue and recreate the Ferris Bueller photo. Plus it's a really cool museum to see.

We should talk tonight on the phone during the Trailer Trash party and you can pass me around.

XO nayb

PS - Safeway has the coolest free (with purchase of) Jello mold in the shape of the American Flag. I would totally be making that for the TT party if you were here.

July 03, 2007 11:27 AM  
Blogger Suzanne opined...

Wow Lorraine~ looks like the family is having a spectacular time!!

awww, magical fireflies...I remember those growing up.

Thanks for sharing all the photos!

July 03, 2007 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Two things, both about JP:
A - considering the blood-like rust stain on that Balcony of Terror, I can see where he is coming from.
and 2ndly - that phallic/vajayjay building is one of faves as well.

July 03, 2007 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

<---"one of my faves as well".

July 03, 2007 12:02 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Neighb, I sure hope you bought that jell-o mold for next year! We'll ring you tonight, for sure.

We are, Suz, we really are. Hope the reunion sans us was fun.

Hat, that blood stain isn't on our balcony. I don't believe a murder has been committed here in years. And since there are two pictures of the building you may claim one as your own, seeing as you like it so much.

July 03, 2007 12:43 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Yes, you HAVE to go to the Art Institute... a lifetime gift! Cute blouse!

July 03, 2007 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Between The Hat and Uncle Buck that is starting to not become my favorite building anymore. Seriously, I NEVER thought of that whole hoo-ha thing.

But thanks for the pix anyway!!

(When I was there in 2000 I spent one entire afternoon just walking up Michigan avenue taking pictures of buildings, so same brain again.)

July 03, 2007 1:50 PM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

Don't worry, Rosie. We'll go tomorrow. Just couldn't quite pull it together today, what with the party tonight and all. (And thanks...I like my new blouse, too!)

JP: I totally irritated The Child today when we were out shopping this afternoon...kept stopping to take more shots of more buildings from more angles.

Her: "Mu-uh-om! Can we just go?"

Me: "Oh, look! The Chicago Trib!"

July 03, 2007 3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Oh, and hello! That last comment was actually me, not Jon. Sharing a computer and all that.

July 03, 2007 3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Yeah, I was wondering about Jon's new blouse, and I was going to ask you to take some pictures of that as well.

July 03, 2007 7:44 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I miss you, Poodle.

July 03, 2007 9:59 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Yay Chicago!!

Jon posted a mighty funny story about the vagina building a little while ago, didn't he? Too funny. Looks like all are having a blast -- happy Fourth!!

July 04, 2007 8:36 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Happy 4th, Red!

July 04, 2007 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home