Monday, July 02, 2007

Ding Dong

So we had lunch at the "fried oyster place", which is really called Heaven on Seven. And it was. Heaven, I mean. Started with fried green tomatoes in a remoulade sauce...perfectly crispy on the outside, nicely firm on the inside. I had Louisiana crab cakes, which were fab. The Spouse ate some sort of spicy chicken sammie thing, The Child made a pig of herself on ribs and Jon ate a fine looking salad of fried green tomatoes, shrimp, corn and other stuff. Iced tea all around. No oysters, no disappointments.

Then Uncle Buck took The Child off for a grand tour and The Spouse and I went to Trader Joe's to pick up some goodies for tomorrow. We had Jon's "granny cart" and as we were walking home I mentioned to The Spouse that we were passing all these people who were probably tourists and imagined that they were seeing us with our cart full of groceries and thinking, "Golly, look at those cool Chicagoans with their groceries, going home to their superfantastic downtown Chicago apartment". He thought I was silly.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Pamelamama opined...

We used to live in Chicago -- we loved it there! Probly hot right about now! I wish I had me some chicago pizza.

xxoo

July 02, 2007 6:21 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

It's actually been really mild, Pamelamama. Warm but not humid or overbearing. And we had some of that rockin' pizza just last night! Yum.

July 02, 2007 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home