Monday, September 04, 2006

A Revelation

Here's the thing about making someone into a koihead. It can be an effective device for mockery but it is also a means by which I honor those I cherish and esteem. Obviously, only those who fall into the latter category are members of the Exalted Order of Koihead.

I have learned something about koiheads. If you are worthy, the donning of a koihead does nothing to diminish your gravitas. If it makes you look silly, it's probably because you are. Witness:

Walter Cronkite as a Koihead:





















Katie Couric as a koihead:



















See what I mean? There are Koihead, my friends, and then there are just koi.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Did you know that your Koi helmet looks exactly like the leadhead from a 1/4-oz. fishing jig? Good for walleyes, small northern pike, and your larger varieties of bass.

The day PBS replaces Jim Lehrer with Mary Hart is the day I finally move to Canada, BTW.

September 05, 2006 7:08 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Well, golly, LA, I did not know that. Thanks for the (koi)heads up.

It doesn't surprise me that PBS & NPR are the premiere news sources for the majority of my readers. Gives one hope.

September 05, 2006 1:11 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Lorraine, you need to copyright the concept of the "Koihead" right now.

I'm thinking children's books, cartoons, DVDs, toys, etc.

Having said that, I'm now thinking 10% for me.

September 05, 2006 3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

It does make me look silly, which confirms that I already was. I'm thinking that maybe Sling is the only one who can pull off the non-silly koihead look.

September 05, 2006 3:41 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Iwanski, Brilliant. And of course you get a cut.

Au contrare, mon ami JP. I think you look quite as dashing as Walter. You, my dear, are a Koihead with a capital K.

September 05, 2006 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home