Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Curses, Foiled Again

So it turns out that my outgoing email isn't working. It has been down or uncooperative or whatever since the weekend. Which explains why:

Jon might think I don't want to tell him stories.

Edy could be wondering if I'm dodging an accountability pact we made.

Ree is desperate about the dinner she wants me to help her with on Saturday.

Dana suspects I've forgotten we're to have lunch or something when he's in town next week.

JP is saddened to think himself unworthy of joining the Exalted Order of the Koihead.


Of course he isn't. (I like the jaunty way he wears that, don't you?)

And, of course, I want to share stories, keep pacts, help with a teaching dinner and go to lunch.

I also want to make my book deadline today. Fortunately The Neighbor is plugged in and letting me use her computer for that.

I suppose there is something dangerous about being so plugged in that I feel dysfunctional without my email. But with friends strewn throughout the world it is a necessary part of modern life. I feel lost without it. Hopefully, we'll get to the bottom of the problem before too much longer.

Oh, and yes, Edy, I really didn't get my driver's license until I was 40. Any other blog worthy questions?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

When I got the photos back from Walgreens I saw that someone had snapped me from a profile and I thought, yep, that will be a koi head.

August 29, 2006 10:01 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

And a super cute koihead, though I say it meself.

August 29, 2006 10:20 AM  
Blogger Grish opined...

I'm with ya on the email. I would be nuts by now...

I'm liking all the Koiheads...

August 29, 2006 5:33 PM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I miss the stories. Sigh.

August 29, 2006 6:27 PM  
Blogger Otilia opined...

if the e-mail is down much longer, I'm going to have to call...

August 29, 2006 7:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

so, that's why I haven't had a reply yet! :)

August 30, 2006 9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ha ha! My first thought was PICK UP THE PHONE... isn't it funny how the simplest solutions seem to get lost in modern technology which was designed to make our lives SIMPLER!

I realize this is an old blog and I trust your friends were patient. ;)

February 05, 2008 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home