Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Time Time Time

I have a very charming, retro looking alarm clock. It's so retro that it requires winding. I love this feature. There is something very satisfying about winding a clock.

Except that I think it needs to be wound twice a day because it is always done ticking by the time I go to bed. Which means I also have to remember to reset the time when I wind it.

Last night I failed to do that.

I have just started setting it for 5:30am, so I have more time in the morning for the things I want to do (like praying and blogging and basic home maintenance that sets things up oh so nicely for the day). But without resetting the time, The Spouse was up and showering and my alarm still hadn't rung so I looked at my clock and it read "2:00". Except it was really 6:00.

Much as I like my cute little retro clock, I'm thinking something battery operated might actually end up being more to the point.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

I'll put that on my Christmas list for you.

December 02, 2009 6:46 AM  
Blogger Molly Alyssum opined...

"That's the last time I buy anything just because it's furry!"-Loreli Gilmore, on her fuzzy alarm clock that didn't purr on time.

December 02, 2009 7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Mine is a newfangled thing that talks to satellite and decides to change the time to other time zones without telling me. While I'm sleeping.

December 02, 2009 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home