Monday, November 30, 2009

I Did It!

I successfully blogged every day in November. Like someone said I was 'sposed to.

Of course, "successful" is a relative term in this case. I wouldn't suggest that every post has been riveting or oozing with import or even always terribly interesting. But the point is, I did it. And by doing it I proved to myself that it is not impossible to blog and have a job. (I know, I know, all y'all blog FROM work but I seriously never get a chance so there you go). That makes me happy.

Now someone needs to declare a month of blog READING every day.

I'd also like to state for the record that I'm officially sick of turkey and don't anticipate eating it in any form for several months to come. I do not, however, have similar feelings about cranberry sauce. Bring it.

Also, I didn't eat a lick of pie over the holiday. And you know how I feel about pie. But I recently reached a notch on the scale that I haven't seen since I was with child and that is so not acceptable. And dammit, if I'm going to meet Michelle Obama in May I am NOT gonna look like some fat old broad.

What's that? I didn't mention meeting Michelle Obama in May?

Well, I don't know for a certainty that I'll be meeting her but let's just say we're going to be at the same event and there's a chance. And if/when I do, I am not shaking her hand with flabby arms while wearing a mumu. So mama has to get herself moving and watch her caloric intake.

But if I can blog for 30 days straight and keep my laundry done and finally figure out how to keep the house in a reasonable state of cleanliness, I can get myself Obama ready by May.

What an empowering little exercise this has been.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Mom opined...

You are Wonder Woman.

November 30, 2009 8:41 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Can you tell Michelle that I'm thoroghly in love with her,and want to have her baby?..wait..That's too creepy.
Just tell her that she has the most amazing collar bones!..wait,..can you get an autographed picture of her singed,'To Sling,with love?'..Wait...

November 30, 2009 9:31 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Hardly, Mom, but it sure is swell to have you in my corner.

Sling, if I meet Michelle I will do everything in my power to, at the very least, mention your name in conversation. We must build slowly. Prolly best not to start with something like, "Chelle! Great to meet you! Hey, I've so gotta introduce you to Sasha and Malia's new daddy".

November 30, 2009 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

Yay!!!

Now the next time when asked about being a delegate, what are you going to say to your potential competitors?

Peace

:+}

December 01, 2009 12:19 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Very cool and good job on not eating pie and blogging ...I ate pie and rarely blogged..
you are so lucky to even be able to be in the same place as Mrs. Obama...I am so envious.

December 01, 2009 6:13 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

I think the last time I saw this weight was when I was NINE months with child. Let's do this Obama-ready thing together!

wait, let me finish this butterfinger bar first.

ok, go! Now, diet is on!

December 01, 2009 11:33 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Rainey, I am SO with you on the "scale issues"--I'm sitting here noshing on baby carrots as we speak. (Blech! But they're good for you, I'm told. :))

December 01, 2009 11:56 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

I don't care about the scale....i gauge my weight by jeans. as for the Michelle thing....can I go????

December 01, 2009 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home