Friday, December 04, 2009

Random Things

Last night the power cord for my laptop died.   I hate when that happens.  The Spouse did the autopsy and then ordered me a new one.  I should have it on Monday.  (Except he paid for rush shipping which, with Dell, means I should have it by some time in 2010).  It's a really good thing The Child has a laptop that isn't password protected and that I get up before she does.

Then I had one of those nights when I woke up repeatedly and lay in bed worrying about every stoopid little thing in the world, none of which I could do a lick about from bed.  It never ceases to amaze me how the tiniest things become so dreadfully huge in the dark of the night.  By the light of day, none of them were a big deal at all.  I really hate that; I could have used the sleep.

The Spouse asked me out on a date for tomorrow night.  I'm a little nervous because it's an industry thing, which means he'll be talking with movie people about lights and cameras and I'll be standing around wondering if we're going to be home in time for the new episode of "iCarly".  But it's nice that he wants me to go with him so I will.  

I have to find something red to wear to work today.  We're having a little party to officially switch on the outside Christmas lights on The House and I know MAB will be decked out like a little elf.  I don't think I even own anything that's red, except for one pullover that's currently too tight.  (I just learned that there is an employee fitness center at the hospital; The Neighbor and I are going to start going next week.  I'm getting very tubby and I don't like that.  Sausages are a very delicious thing to eat but looking like one is not very attractive).


Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Fraser Davis opined...

A movie industry 'date'?

My Dahling, you needn't talk, just stand around looking stunning nad radiant. That is all that is required of charm and beauty at such affairs.

December 04, 2009 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

The date sounds fun. I hope he isn't late picking you up.

December 04, 2009 5:33 PM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

The Tofurkey Italian sausages at Trader Joe's are actually pretty good. . .

. . . just sayin'

December 05, 2009 3:10 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

great..Now I'm going to wake up repeatedly,and lay in bed worrying that my laptop chrger is going to die.
Have fun at the glamorous movie thing!

December 05, 2009 1:18 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

A date with the spouse soundly lovely

December 05, 2009 5:10 PM  
Blogger Doralong opined...

What do you mean you don't own anything red?? Is this some kind of sick joke Cuz? I think I have to go lie on the swooning couch a bit and figure out how to best rectify this appalling situation...

December 07, 2009 3:49 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who feels like a tub of lard right now. *grin* My best girlfriend has lost 40 pounds, and I think I've gained them! :)

Maybe you and I should hold each other accountable to exercise? I need something!! :)

December 07, 2009 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home