Thursday, November 26, 2009

We Gather Together Again

I'm thankful.

I'm thankful for The Child even though she hates me because I made her change her clothes before we went to dinner (cleavage).

I'm thankful for The Spouse even though he never had any intention of putting the giant turkey carcase we scored into the garage which meant I had to because I care more about the potential for food poisoning than he does and doing so put my dress at risk of a good greasing.

I'm thankful my dress didn't get greased.

I'm thankful that even though this was technically a day off I live close enough to work that MAB could call me, twice, to bring kitchen implements that were required and not available. (I'm also thankful for my work and for MAB).

I'm thankful that there are left-overs sufficient for a evening turkey sammie.

I'm thankful for Blogtopia and all her inhabitants (well, at least the ones on my block. Not so much the wing nuts or the spambot who has been littering my posts with Russian ads).

I'm thankful that Barack Obama is my President, that it's almost Advent and that I hid the cinnamon crystal cut candies.

I'm thankful for cold water that isn't diseased.

I'm thankful.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

Yay!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of your loved ones!!!

I am thankful that some people take the job of caring so seriously that they share their Thanksgiving with those who are far from home.

Peace

:+}

November 26, 2009 9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I am likewise thankful for many things today that I will not bore you with at this moment, but will bore you with the fact that I am thankful for my bestie in Seattle and her wonderful family.

Hugs and kisses

November 26, 2009 11:15 PM  
Blogger Anne opined...

here here!

or is it "hear hear!"?

I have no idea.

November 27, 2009 10:20 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

I'm with Anne...here and hear.

November 27, 2009 12:31 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

I am just plain thankful tonight

November 27, 2009 6:50 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

I'm thankful for you, Miss Rainey, and your genius scrabble-playing ways! :)

November 30, 2009 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home