Friday, June 20, 2008

Crap

'K, I don't even know how to begin this so I'll just dive in. My sister-in-law died. The girls and I were on the last leg of our journey, at my aunt's (technically The Spouse's aunt but she claims me as her own so there) when the call came yesterday morning. It was very weird to be coming off a superfantastic week of revelry and hear the news.

My SIL had not been well and we'd all been mentally preparing ourselves for the fact that she'd probably leave us sooner rather than later. Turns out, though, she died in a house fire. Everything is still crazy and up in the air and we don't know much, except that the authorities on the case (in Orange County) have been nothing but marvelous to The Spouse and his brother.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all. SIL and I were never super close, mostly because she lived in SoCal most of the time I've been in the family, but we had a good relationship. The first words out of her mouth when she met me were "My sister!" and it's always felt like that. She was a troubled woman but a very kind and loving one and pretty much right now we're all just in shock. You can mentally prepare yourself for a loss but it turns out that doesn't do anything toward preparing your heart.

I know how loving and dear you are all and appreciate in advance the kind words I know you're going to offer. Please keep The Spouse and his brother in your thoughts and prayers.

And right now, as Forrest Gump would say, that's all there is to say about that.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Seattle Coffee Girl opined...

I'm so sorry...praying.

Please do send out an email to the usual suspects, if you get a chance. As you know, we're rather fond of praying for our crew.

I really am so very, very sorry for your family's loss, LT. I'll light a candle at the Marian shrine on Sunday. xxoo

June 20, 2008 12:15 PM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

So sorry, Lorraine.

June 20, 2008 12:48 PM  
Blogger LostInColor opined...

sorry to hear.

June 20, 2008 12:52 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

I am so sorry, Rainey! Please give The Spouse and the whole family our condolences.

June 20, 2008 1:52 PM  
Blogger Doralong opined...

I am so very sorry for your loss, I wish there were words that could somehow give solace and comfort. When I go to greet the goddess this evening for the solstice you and yours will be in my prayers.

June 20, 2008 2:00 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Y'all are so sweet...

June 20, 2008 2:27 PM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

Prayers for your family.

June 20, 2008 3:03 PM  
Blogger Willym opined...

First thing tomorrow morning I'll go over to Sant'Agnese our local parish and light a candle for her, you, Spouse and the family. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

June 20, 2008 4:05 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Well damm.
I'm sorry to hear that lorraine.
It's really not an easy thing to deal with,no matter how prepared you try to be.

June 20, 2008 6:13 PM  
Blogger Leah opined...

So sorry for your loss! (Big Hug)

June 20, 2008 6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I'm so sorry...

June 20, 2008 8:29 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Again, y'all are awesome. Thanks so much for your love and support. Big hugs back.

June 21, 2008 12:13 AM  
Blogger danny/ink2metal opined...

OMG! sorry to hear such sad news our dear friend. so strange how life can do such a 180.

just know that anthony and i are squinching you big time and please extend our condolences to the spouse and the child.

June 22, 2008 11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Just got to work and read your post. I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Big Cyber-hug to you all...(""")

June 23, 2008 5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home