Thursday, June 12, 2008

California, Here We Come!

Hat and I have just had our morning coffee and chitter chat. Now it's time to roust The Child, grab the electronics and hit the road. Whoo hoo! Count down to Sling: approximately 29 hours. Sooner if we have a tailwind.

Graduation last night was ridiculous and lovely and The Child looked very, very grown up. She's a giddy, happy 9th grader. There will maybe be more pictures later but here's the money shot from last night, her with my other daughter and one of the two boys in her class that she's going to miss.
Ok, one more...my happy girls after our little dinner celebration.

Yep, they're cuties, alright.

That's all for now, kids. I have to sort through the toiletries bag because it isn't closing. And I have to pack up the applesauce cake so it doesn't get smooshed. And I have to Superpoke all my Facebook friends.

Love you like my luggage!

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger sageweb opined...

When my toiletries bag doesnt close I take the vibrators out and pack them with my sock. That is my hot traveling tip.

June 12, 2008 8:15 AM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

travel safe.

June 12, 2008 8:17 AM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

oops.... forgot

CONGRATULATIONS CHILD!

June 12, 2008 8:17 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

Gasp! She's getting so big!

June 12, 2008 8:32 AM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

Ohmygosh! That's just the picture to make a gal tear up. They are beautiful and so, SO on the verge!!

June 12, 2008 10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

How can a face go from child to lady like this in just a few short months (like, between now and last September?)

Make it stop.

June 12, 2008 11:09 AM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

Growing up snif snif... have a fun tirp and tell us all about it!

June 13, 2008 5:23 AM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

Safe journey... I'm picturing the two of you driving into dazzling California sunshine, unless of course you're flying... but you did say 'road trip' right?

Congratulations to l'enfant!!

June 13, 2008 5:53 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

You only take one sock when you travel, Sage?

Thanks Twisi.

Buck, right?

"On the verge"...that's exactly the phrase, Booda.

JP, I swear I have no idea. It happened, like, overnight.

We will, Mouse...both the fun and the stories.

DA, it was a trip through dazzling California sunshine (and Washington and Oregon). In The Child's opinion, it would have been perfect had we been in a convertible.

June 14, 2008 10:59 AM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Yeee-uh!

That kid is cool. And so are you and Sling.

June 14, 2008 10:09 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Well, Iwanski, you should know.

June 15, 2008 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home