Sunday, June 15, 2008

California, Here We Still Are

Lordy.

You know how it is when you travel. There's so much to see and do, so many photos to snap, souvenirs to collect and stories to recount that one single blog posting can hardly do it all justice. Not to mention, you have to take some time to digest it all; for the real merit of travel lies not in the photos and historic sights and memorable meals but in the heart and soul behind it all.

Consequently, given that our trip is not yet over, this will be brief and cover only the highlights. You'll have to content yourself with that until I've had a chance to absorb it all.

Suffice to say, O Town is swell. Sling is a really lovely host. The first day he took us to the cannery, where we watched people skin stuff. We followed that up with a picnic by the smelter.
Later on, after a few beers, we went to the landfill and shot at rats.

It was awesome.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Doralong opined...

Cool! Rats, beer AND a picnic!

June 15, 2008 6:48 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I miss you guys already!

June 15, 2008 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I wish I'd remembered this before y'all set out--Cato's Ale House and Fenton's Creamery, both on Piedmont in O-Town. In hopes that Sling already knows of these fine establishments and was able to include them in your itinerary. Perhaps after rat-shooting...

June 15, 2008 8:43 PM  
Blogger Speck opined...

Ohhhh! Rat shootin' at the dump! Hope you have video.

June 15, 2008 10:05 PM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Oh sound like fun...did you ship the rats to Asia?..I might have had one for dinner last night. Yum

June 16, 2008 1:38 AM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

Smelters, rodents AND skinning? Well, gee, thanks very much Sling, now there's no point in Lorraine coming to London!

June 16, 2008 6:38 AM  
Blogger Molly Alyssum opined...

today i was driving back to work from the other office building i occasionally work at. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a sign that said, "Rat Cow milk". Of course, my brain did a rewind and I turned my head to actually read RAW cow milk as it was an organic farm I was passing.


anyway. don't shoot rats. We need their milk.

June 16, 2008 3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Sling, stop spoiling them like that! They're going to expect it from the rest of us now!

June 16, 2008 4:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

I"m envious! I think I'll plan a trip now to meet up with blog people and do fun stuff becuae I'm bored and you all are having beaucoups of fun!

Be careful if you haven't had a hunter's saftey course....

June 16, 2008 7:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

I'm doing that right after I take a typing course...

June 16, 2008 7:15 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

Sounds like one swell trip!

June 16, 2008 7:27 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

How do you cook rat?

June 18, 2008 7:30 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

mom:..leave out the tail.

June 19, 2008 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home