Thursday, May 22, 2008

When You've Got Nothing to Blog About, Post Actual Email Transcripts

-----Original Message-----
From: Seattle Coffee Girl
Thursday, May 22, 2008 1:21 PM
To: Lorraine
Subject: when...

is The Child’s graduation? Did you tell me we were going to be invited?? I'm having a space-out, please forgive me.

How come no post today?

On 5/22/08, Lorraine wrote:

the 11th and you were invited but now word is each family only gets 5 tickets so all our invitations have to be rescinded, which sucks but there it is. We are going to have some sort of celebration with "the family" after we get back from CA.

I had to work this morning and frankly, the only thing I had to say anyway was some ranting about Hillary's latest argument (and the most specious one to date) for her "electability" and I really try to limit the political posts because I don't want to piss off/bore people.

-----Original Message-----
From: Seattle Coffee Girl
Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:55 PM
To: Lorraine
Subject: Re: when...


Oh. My. Goodness.

You've had to rescind your invitation to us? I am offended, hurt and quite embarrassed. I don't know if I'll ever get over this. Hee hee ha ha.

Dang, that is SUPER LAME that the school is only giving each family five tickets. You pay good money for your kid to go there, they should at least give each family ten seats. Because, after all, this is a Catholic school, and we travel in tribes and have lots of babies and all that fun stuff...AACK.


So other than the Hills thing, you've got nothing else to tell us? Phooey. :(

On 5/22/08, Lorraine wrote:

I know, right?

I don't know how to make this up to you. Maybe offer free babysitting for the life of your child/ren? It would make a dent at least. And I'll pay for the superfantastic frock you already purchased for the event that you can't take back because it was tailor made for you but you don't want it anymore because just looking at it recalls the pain of the rescindedness.

As for non-Hillary related blogging, I could write about the fact that I woke up at 5am in a panic because I had let The Child take The Spouse’s lunch box to school yesterday which, of course, she left behind and when I remembered I panicked because The Spouse is a creature of habit and I knew that if he got up to make his lunch and found his box missing it would throw him into a tizzy and I wanted to try and forestall said tizzy but a thorough search of the house and car confirmed that she had, in fact, not brought it home. But it was worth it because he was still in bed and heard me and asked why I was up so I told him and that way he didn't have to be surprised so he adjusted very nicely.

So then I went into the kitchen to make coffee, because he usually does that, and under the circumstances I was in need of making things up to him and that's when I remembered that last night I'd made a special effort to do something particular to please him and now he'd never know. See, last night before bed I had unloaded the dishes in the drainer that fits in the sink (the one you gave me) and put said drainer away because it always annoys him to get up and make coffee and want to put the coffee grounds down the garbage disposal and not be able to because there are clean dishes in the sink. So I fixed that for him but since I was the one making coffee he’ll never know.

See? Boring.


From: Seattle Coffee Girl
Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:55 PM
To: Lorraine
Subject: Re: when...


I think you should hit copy-paste and post that baby. Ha ha ha! That's really funny, in an "I sneezed" sort of way. :)



So that's what I did.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Eric opined...

Actually the real payback was YOU going out to the garage at 5:30 AM to get fresh coffee cause the stuff inside was gone.

May 23, 2008 8:52 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I sense some hidden resentment, darling.

May 23, 2008 3:46 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

I liked this "sneeze." It's just a sneak-peak into what being a married couple (and parents) is like. *smiles*

May 26, 2008 5:43 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Well, it's a sneak peek into something, MHP!

May 26, 2008 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home