Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

The Spouse and Child went to Comicon yesterday to be geeks. They brought me home an early Mother's Day present:

That right there would be my autographed picture of Jamie Bamber, otherwise known as Lee "Apollo" Adama from "Battlestar Galactica". I realize that the only other people who give a rat's arse about that are Emma, The Neighbor and JP, but still, it was really super cool and made me inordinantly happy.

I sent a card to my mommy. It said, "Thank you for not killing me when I was a teenager". I think that pretty much sums it up, don't you?

To all of you to whom the greeting applies, Happy Mother's Day. Please know that I know how hard you work to care for your families & raise your kids into reasonable human beans. Motherhood has plenty of rewards but sometimes it can feel a little thankless, too. I honor you for your dedication. I think you rock.

And Dame Judi, I really truly mean it; thanks for not giving up on me or sending me off to boarding school or actually smacking me into next week. You would have been justified, but I appreciate your restraint. Especially now.

Now I'm going to sit on my arse and play Sims2 until the guests arrive for Pentecost supper. Because it's Mother's Day.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Dana opined...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

May 11, 2008 3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Oh my gosh! I love Jamie Bamber. Shall I leave a list of all his movies I've seen? Own? I kid you not!

May I touch his autograph some day?

Thanks too for the Mom Day greetings and thoughts.

And I didn't do you in as a teen 'cuz the possibility never entered the mind..or the memory is fading..or both. And you were mostly lovable. Really.

Happy Day back attcha.

May 11, 2008 5:30 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Happy Mom's Day, Rainey! :)

That picture of you and the Child is ADORABLE!! :)

May 11, 2008 6:46 PM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

awww Happy mother's day!

May 11, 2008 6:54 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Hey!..I can see a goblet,and two profiles!
Happy Mother's Day Rainey. :)

May 11, 2008 7:08 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

And to you, too, Dana!

Mommy! Who knew? Now you have to send me the list of movies because I swear, I had no idea he did anything other than Battlestar. (Me=insular).

And I'm guessing it's the "memory is fading" option, but still. Love you more than a million Swedish fish.

Oh, MHP, thanks. Just you wait until it's your turn...

You too, my Mouse (pinches Mouse's cheeks and gives her big squenches).

Damn, Sling. Those new bifocals ROCK! Muuuah!

May 11, 2008 8:53 PM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

You're making me grow ovaries with photos like that. . .

The bangs: LOVING them!

May 12, 2008 8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Yaaaaay (:
tee hee, Sling. Silly.

May 12, 2008 10:31 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Photographs of Jamie Bamber have been proven to grow ovaries in male lab rats, Buck.

That's not what you meant, is it...

You know what I like, Hat? I like that I can hear you say "Silly".

May 12, 2008 2:17 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Shweet.

May 12, 2008 7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Belated Mom-Day greetings and best wishes for a Pentacostilian enlightenment!

Or...something...

How's the road-trip planning coming along?
1
p.s. the pic is teh cutest

May 12, 2008 8:13 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Isn't it just, Iwanski. Btw, I miss you. Blog once in a while, wouldja?

Thanks, Syd. Coming along, although I fear we won't get all the way down to you...email me your phone number, though...it would at least be fun to talk while actually in the same state. Or something.

May 12, 2008 11:16 PM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

Happy Mother's Day to you. We half-Polish people celebrate Mother's Day on the 26th and I've arranged for a cake and some chocolate covered dates to be delivered to her for the occasion. Sound ok?

As for autographed photos... I've never seen BG, but I can easily relate to your excitement, because last year I got to meet the actor Tom Baker who played the lead in a sci-fi series that pretty much defined my entire childhood. So yes, the photo's pretty cool!

May 13, 2008 5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home