Thursday, May 15, 2008

Song for a "Crisis"

My people know me. When I told The Hat about my ruby she started to giggle, saying she could just see us this time next year, ritualizing the loss of my ruby. Which cracked me up. That is precisely the sort of thing I would do:

Recreate the meal (crabcakes and tomato salad). Liturgically intone "OH! NO! My ruby is gone!" The Spouse ceremoniously falling to his knees to search for it. The Child looking grieved, with a trembling lip.

We had a good laugh about that.

Then JP commented something on the order of "You lost your ruby on a Tuesday? There's a song about that".

Yes. Yes there is.

I found a performance from the Ed Sullivan show but there were too many screaming fans to fully appreciate it. (Although you should go look for it on YouTube because Brian is wearing a modified Mad Hatter chapeux and playing the recorder. It's funny).

This is from a couple years ago. I like it. Mick even manages to strut.



Rolling Stones "Ruby Tuesday"

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Oh they are just so fantastical. I love Melanie's version of it too, very Stevie Nicksish.

May 16, 2008 9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I simply adore that song.

Excuse me while I go check into this Melanie business...

May 16, 2008 10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

OK, that song made me feel like burning my bra. And not in a good way.

Have you seen Rod Stewart's version? It's actually REALLY good... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y5tqJpO-6c

May 16, 2008 10:12 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I hope I can strut like that when I'm his age!
..maybe if I start practicing now.

May 16, 2008 4:41 PM  
Blogger Nicole opined...

I need a song for my crisis. Or even just a song.

Hey - got the book this weekend. Thank you! I love love love you.

May 19, 2008 11:49 AM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

I don't see that you have much choice but to go mythic over this. I think that ruby might just be hiding til there's enough fanfare and weeping and wailing and choruses brought in.

Or maybe that's what I'd do.

May 19, 2008 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home