Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sorta on a Break

The Child is out of school as this is the week her class is in DC. We're calling it the "Not DC Week". On Sunday she packed her suitcase and checked into the Hotel Delmonico (don't know why I decided to name it that..just did). She's being very cool about all this...keeping a journal of her week, just like her classmates, and planning adventures with moi of a semi-educational nature (which is how we justify her not going to school every day and sitting in the 7th grade class doing busy work, which is what would have happened otherwise).

We are going to do a historical survey of our neighborhood & tour Underground Seattle. We are building a pinpoint camera from a kit (beastly thing) and reading Prince Caspian in preparation for the movie premiere on Friday. We're going to bake. (Shortcake, probably, to go with the gorgeous strawberries I bought yesterday).

We're also sleeping in. Well, here's what I'm doing: I go to bed without setting my alarm and wake up slightly when The Spouse kisses me goodbye, only to luxuriously rolling back over and going to sleep. I think to myself, "I love sleeping in. This is great. Sleep is great". Then I wake up because I really do feel quite refreshed and might as well get started on the day. Then I look at my clock and it says "6:20". That's right. I'm sleeping a whole 20 minutes more than usual. Sheesh.

Anyway, we're having a very nice time and The Child is being ever so cute and cooperative and charming. Yesterday when we started to work on the camera she said, "Let's be British". So we talked in British accents. Which was a good thing, too, because somehow it kept us from completely losing our tempers over the very fussy little project. Still upper lip and all that.

Point is, I may or may not feel like blogging much this week. Although I probably will. Just not first thing in the morning. 'Cause, you know, I'm sleeping in.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Eric opined...

MMMMM Shortcake

May 13, 2008 10:20 AM  
Blogger Dana opined...

It all sounds...

simply lurvley.

May 13, 2008 10:38 AM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

I'd like to go to DC, but if the choice was DC and Hotel Delmonico with all its entertainment and extra-long slumbering AND strawberry shortcake ... I'd skip the Smithsonian in a heartbeat.

It really sounds like a fun week.

May 13, 2008 1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Do you have any available soft beds with heating pads? I'd like to check in tomorrow. I get the sleeping in thing.....Steve gets up at 5:30 and my choices are: 1. get up, 2. have him get back in bed and turn on the TV, 3. have him go into the office and start working which means the dogs start whimpering and I have to pick door 1.

May 13, 2008 2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Oh I do adore the Hotel Delmonico. They have the loveliest purple suite and serve lovely little straw'breez.
(I was being British too cuz that's the sort of fun I used to wish my mom would play with me. The Child is going to have to take down your "Worst Mother In The World" placard if you keep this up)

May 13, 2008 2:54 PM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Sounds fun, and fabulous. I sleep in to about 5 or 530 everyday...I love it. Mostly I love it cuz I am naked.

May 13, 2008 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no W)

Hhhmmmm. Desperately tryin to finish off the set for Peter Pan. Either of you ever done any scenic painting?

Mostly cardboard with really old paint though we threw out most of the smelly stuff last week.

Hhhhmmm. You could always organize the costumes. I think D's seen it.

Peace

:+}

May 14, 2008 1:22 AM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

Please please please could we have a YouTube video of you and the child being British??

I'm willing to pay...

May 14, 2008 4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home