Monday, February 11, 2008

Wet Paint



There's much to say, when there is time. I need to tell you about my caucus experience on Saturday, muse upon the juggernaut the successes of Mr. Obama over the weekend and offer some free advice to both the Clinton and McCain camps about what they need to do (or stop doing) in order to retain integrity with voters.


My list of blog fodder for the week includes some observations about the intractability and charm of teenagers, the goofiness of my husband and at least 412 posts about food over at the other site. There will be a Project Runway recap and I also got a shiny thing from Monica a while back which needs to be acknowledged.

I could, potentially, spend entirely too much time expounding on my addiction to Sims2 and the dynasties I'm creating but that could reveal more than you need to know.

I do have time to tell you that The Hat spent the night here last night, and after a superfantastic roast beast dinner, she and I ate chocolates and sipped framboise while watching "Pride and Prejudice" and "yum yumming" over Colin Firth, who really is one of the most delicious men in the world. But the rest has to wait because after getting The Child off to school, The Neighbor and I are taking The Hat back home and my mini-road trip will prevent further musings for now.

Have a lovely day, which I hope will be made brighter by this little bit of joy...the bumper that The Spouse created this weekend for the movie. It's his first foray into animation and I think it's ever so splendid.

Cheers.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger TWISI opined...

you need to hurry home and start blogging, it sounds like a busy week!

The Spouse.... very talented!

February 11, 2008 7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

The end of the writers strike and the return of The Hat all in the same week.

Everything's coming up roses.

February 11, 2008 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Oh, and forgot to say that I loved the animation. It's nice to see a Christmas gift being put to good use.

February 11, 2008 8:46 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Yeah for The Hat returning! And wow you seem real organized with your future blogs. I got nothin! Oh well, I can't wait to hear about caucusing(sp?)...it fascinates me. The Spouse is quite talented...a little disturbing but unicorns I understand are quite violent.

February 11, 2008 8:48 AM  
Blogger Willym opined...

I was starting to worry about Hat - glad you had a good visit and a great meal.

The Spouse's animation suggests a slightly Far Side take on Unicorns but I love it - its very funny.

February 11, 2008 9:26 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I'll do my best, Twisi. And isn't he just?

I know, JP, I thought of you when I heard the news. Not to mention, we are now only weeks away from the return of BSG.

It was a very interesting time, Sageweb. I can't wait to tell you all about it. It's bitter. And yes, he's a talented man...disturbing and talented. Not quite like living with David Lynch but he's got a perverse side to be sure.

I'm glad you liked the bumper, Willym. And I'm happy that all of Blogtopia is rejoicing at the return of The Hat.

February 11, 2008 9:47 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

lovely little clip, there.

the strike is over? i guess i missed that, i was busy so i dumped my whole weekend into one post.

February 11, 2008 12:00 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

What a great week ahead - can't wait to read all about it. I'm so glad you had a lovely evening with The Hat. I've missed her so.

February 11, 2008 12:55 PM  
Blogger danny/ink2metal opined...

hehehe...the spouse is twisted! ;-}

good luck with the future posts. looks like you'll be tap-tap-tappin' like crazy on the keyboard.

February 11, 2008 2:24 PM  
Blogger Molly opined...

I like Uncle Eric,
I miss my uber-fantastic aunt,
I adore my genius cousin.


and collin firth can father my children any day.

February 11, 2008 4:04 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I'm looking forward to the caucus report.I'm not exactly sure how that works.
The Spouse's bumper was hilarious,in that twisted sorta way I find very appealing..I'm off now to do the Happy Hat is Back Dance!

February 11, 2008 5:19 PM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

Haha! In a weird way, that's live action Planet Unicorn.

February 11, 2008 7:18 PM  
Blogger Otilia opined...

Sims2? The North Central Child (not to be confused with "The Child") plays. She has created the latest rendition of the family that she and the Real Boyfriend will have. I was looking over their shoulders as the 3rd grandchild was born, anxiously awaiting the hair and eye color. The first grandchild has my middle name. I think I became hooked when the Sims tv broke down and she hired someone to fix it. The Real Boyfriend complained that she did not just buy a new one. She had a quater of a million dollars, after all. She turned to him and said, "Yes, but by the time I have two kids, furnish their rooms, their bathrooms, buy their clothes and feed them, that will all be gone. It is only $50 to fix the $3500 plasma t.v."

The Real Boyfriend, who is the son of an appliance repairman, says,
"$50 an hour".

As the Sims Repairman finished up (leaving the tv pulled away from the wall, which she would make Sim Husband put back, thus straining his back), and she triumphantly announced, "There. $67.50!"

It's a lovely game.

February 11, 2008 9:02 PM  
Blogger Anne opined...

I love the video, the more I watch it, the more I love it!

February 12, 2008 6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home