Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Did Someone Say Something?

Me: I'll have some coffee and then work on a recap of yesterday's elections.

Myself: Really? Again?

Me: What do you mean, 'again'?

Myself: Recapping elections is your new thing. Like recapping Project Runway.

I: Infinitely more important, that.

Me: Are you saying I'm getting overly wonky on the blog?

Myself: Well.....

Me: But there's so much to say about the way this is playing out...Obama is actually leading in delegates now. That's exciting! Who would have believed that even 3 weeks ago?

Myself: You're spitting on me.

Me: Sorry, it's just that there's this whole hope thing and the call to come together with a common purpose is making me really giddy...almost varklempt...it's like Obama has given voice to the frustration and pain and fear all of us have been carrying around for these last 7 years and it just feels really, really good to be able to...

Myself: And now you're pontificating. No wonder you lost that delegate election.

Me: Nice. Very supportive.

Myself: Look, I realize you have deep thoughts about the direction of the campaigns and words of completely untried wisdom to share with Clinton and McCain. I know you're just dying to tell everyone that you finally started reading Audacity of Hope. I know you are convinced that John McCain doesn't stand a chance in debate against either Hillary or Barack and that the notion of both party nominations going to the convention is just exciting as can be but really, enough is enough.

Me: IT'S AN ELECTION YEAR!

I: Someone is shouting.

Me: Seriously, these people know I'm wonky. They know I'll settle down after the election.

Myself: Yes, but this is going to be going on for months yet. Seriously, take a breather. Surely you have something else to write about?

Me: I got the package I ordered from Kimberly Anne's new ebusiness yesterday and it was chock full of fun things...

Myself: That's a good start.

Me: Plus, you know, there is a new episode of PR tonight.

I: Do we have any cereal?

Myself: Very good. Although, that's not exactly mixing things up. You do that every week.

Me: Why do I have to mix things up? JP has regular bits. Hat has regular bits. LOTS of bloggers have regular bits.

I: Tee. That sounds naughty.

Myself: I'm going to go help I find the cereal.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger sageweb opined...

I love this election year too!
I checked out the site, did you buy a pink mini skirt? Pics please.
I am happy for PR tonight.
Oh and I took the cereal to the coffee shop.

February 13, 2008 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

You have been playing too much Sims2.

February 13, 2008 11:22 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Pics coming shortly, Sageweb. Isn't her stuff the cutest?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have, JP.

February 13, 2008 11:25 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

Oh I just love it when the voices in your head start talking. Best conversation I've heard all week! Glad you enjoyed the box - hope you like apples. :-)

February 13, 2008 12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

The three of you need to be on camera.

February 13, 2008 1:10 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I dreamed that Obama won the Democratic nomination,and John Mcain won the Republican.
Then,when November rolled around,all the Republicans stayed home,because they would rather die than have that fence jumping liberal Mcain as President.
Obama won in a landslide,and I got a free Harley Davidson as a bonus gift!

February 13, 2008 5:42 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I love apples, Kimberly Ann. Almost as much as I love cherries...no, no, I'm not going to order the cherries...I can't spend all my income on fruit collections. But dang it...if I get rich here one of these days...

That's funny, Hat. Guess what I'm doing with my hair RIGHT NOW?

I like the way you dream, buddy.

February 13, 2008 6:32 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

You're a funny one.

February 13, 2008 9:21 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Ok, see, seriously? That means a lot coming from you, Iwanski. And btw, I tried to call the show last night and no one picked up so I figured my number was blacklisted and then I went to have cocktails with the Neighb and came home and The Spouse was on the phone with all y'all. Whatever.

February 13, 2008 9:41 PM  
Blogger danny/ink2metal opined...

i wanted to agree with iwanski, but then i got confused about who i thought was really the funny one.

damnit!

February 13, 2008 11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

But - but - but

What about this wacky delayed-decision on Project Runway????

What - what -what

do ya think?

-- desertwind
Chair of
PROJECT RUNWAY ADDICTS FOR OBAMA

February 13, 2008 11:36 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Danny, Myself is kinda sardonic whereas I has a sort of whimsical naive quality that makes her inadvertently funny. Me, on the other hand, is probably the true wit of the bunch, when she's not wonking out, that it.

Anon: Project Runway Addicts for Obama? Are there bumper stickers?

Fear not, the PR recap will happen on Thursday, as per usual. It's a bit.

February 14, 2008 6:44 AM  
Blogger Traveling Matt opined...

jp no such thing as too much sims 2... no such thing...nope...none...

lorraine, it's ok to have multiple personalities, especially if their names are me, myself, i and the name your parents gave you. hahahah

February 14, 2008 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home