Wednesday, December 05, 2007

More Miscellaneous Sneezes

This is one of those situations where I must clarify something for all my readers who do not actually live in the Northwest: the entire state is NOT under water. Seattle is NOT underwater. The places where 3 branches of my family tree live ARE under water. Or at least very, very sloshy and without power. It's insane. The Neighbor just called to say that she was in Spokane, on a layover for her flight to Portland. Because, yeah, you can't drive the 3.5 hours from Seattle to Portland right now because part of I-5 is UNDERWATER. (photo blatantly stolen from courtesy of Associated Press) I've seen the pictures and I still can't comprehend it. But remember: there's no such thing as global warming.


Bless your heart, I know what you're thinking: "But Lorraine! If The Neighbor is going to be in Portland tonight, how will you watch "Project Runway" with her??? This is terrible!" It's alright. Relax. She's going to call me and we're going to watch it together over the phone. That's a relief.


Out of the Mouths of Babes I gave The Child a hypothetical situation today. Something about a girl saying lots of bad things about another girl and wanting to start a fight with her because she thought Girl 2 had plans to mess up Girl 1's life. But then information came out that Girl 2 had no such plans but Girl 1 kept talking about how she was going to stop Girl 2 anyway. "What would you think about someone like that?" "I'd think she really must want attention," she said. Ha. See? GWB is a nut job. He really must be stopped.


On a completely unrelated note: I absolutely love my mortgage banker. Love her. Love her. Love her. I'm going to name my firstborn after her. Well, ok, can't do that. But still. She is a rock star.


Today is the first day of Hanukkah. You know what that means:

Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

The only problem with surfing the web in the boss's office is I can't watch the video on the iphone.
Do you need some oars for that ark?

December 05, 2007 12:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Glad to know you aren't underwater.
Hope it clears up soon and no one is in the cold and wet too lng.

And bless you, bless you, bless you! for the Hannukah song! I have been singing it under my breath all day.

December 05, 2007 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Harrison Ford is a quarter Jewish?

December 05, 2007 1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Thanks for the shout-out Nayb -

I made it to Portland and am now holed up at a hotel in Vancouver until Friday night. Class starts in a couple of minutes -

Great photo of the flooding - it was foggy when we were coming in so I couldn't make out I-5 -

Talk to you tonight when we have our conference call with Mr. Gunn -

xo nayb

December 05, 2007 1:08 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

The ark is in the harbor, Anne. Shopping ashore! We're fine. Hardly a puddle.

You're welcome, Greeny. I love that song.

Hat, not too shabby. David Lee Roth is the one that gets me. Who knew?

Watch out for sink holes, Neighb!

December 05, 2007 1:17 PM  
Blogger Willym opined...

So what the matter with Driedel, Driedel, Driedel - except my spelling of it?

And with Paul Newman is it the top or the bottom half? Who cares!

Reminds me of the old Groucho Marx story. He went to a Long Island Country Club and was informed by the Club Manager that he and his family couldn't use the swimming pool as it was "Restricted." Without missing a beat - and did he ever? - Marx said: Can my daugher wade in up to her waist? She's only half-Jewish.

December 05, 2007 1:53 PM  
Blogger Willym opined...

Sorry about the flooding - but you know GWB says there is no globalwarming and Iran has "newclear" weapons.

December 05, 2007 1:54 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

I love The Hannukkah Song!

December 05, 2007 2:40 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Willym, the Dreidle song is fine but let's face it...a little sing songy. Gets old.

And don't even get me started on W today. I'm warning you.

Red, exactly.

December 05, 2007 3:19 PM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

Wow, you're blog's like minestrone today! I was just about to comment when the phone rang and right now some bugsome client's holding for me, but I'm typing away so he knows he is NOT more important than my blog pals even if he pays bills.

I'm very glad you've escaped the water. We watched from helpless distance this summer while so many of our former neighbors were flooded into near ruin in Minnesota. It was terrible.

What happened to your snow?

December 05, 2007 4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

The "blatantly stolen" photo cracked me up.

The Child is a genius.

December 05, 2007 4:11 PM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

i'm glad you are not underwater. and i hope those 3 branches dry out soon.

December 05, 2007 5:02 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

So, where exactlky does GWB live???? In a cave? Has it flooded? The child is very grounded and smart....like her mother.

I am thinking I will either have to grow gils or webbed feet.

December 05, 2007 5:13 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Minestrone! Exactly, Booda. In fact, that is what I'm going to call it from now on when I don't really have anything substantive to say but go all higgledy piggeldy.

And I appreciate ranking above paying clients but really. You needn't do that.

And yeah, the helpless feeling is not such a good one.

Our snow all melted away, like good PNW snow should do.

I'm here to make you smile, Poodle. And of course she's a genius; she takes after our side of the family.

From your lips to God's ear, Twisi. Thanks.

Oh, Rosie, if only GWB DID live in a cave and it DID flood. Such a frakking bozo...the mind reels and the heart, she sickens.

And yeah, that gill/web footed thing...man, it's like Waterworld around here. Such a bad concept.

December 05, 2007 5:40 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Your hypothetical to the Child was spot on!..GW simply refuses to acknowledge the latest intelligence,and has the bald faced audacity to try and pitch his brand of dementia to America,as if it makes perfect sense...He continues to scare the hell outta me.

December 05, 2007 6:16 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

Mmm, minestrone is good. Especially yours.

December 05, 2007 9:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Minestrone! I'm hungry...

December 05, 2007 9:48 PM  
Blogger Willym opined...

Started making this really great Neapolitan Minestrone with the coming of cold weather here. Damn is it good on a chilly day and it freezes well to.

December 06, 2007 1:18 AM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

I've been quiet lately, but I have kept up with reading most of your posts.

That picture of the highway is... unreal! It makes the mini-flood we had in our lounge last week look like... whatever things look like when you think they're major 'cause they've happened to you but they turn out to be totally minor when you see them in relation to something that's bona fide major...

Sorry... no time to conjure analogies!

Hope the drought comes soon.

December 06, 2007 4:57 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

how are you getting these snowflakes to show up in blogger?

December 06, 2007 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home