Monday, August 20, 2007

I'll Bet At Least One of You Saw This Coming

This has been a long time coming. The honor had been bestowed in my heart long, long ago. Likely around the time of the Great Cheese Bet of '06. And then, when his blog went dark shortly thereafter, I mourned. Not only because I was going to miss his clever wit, gifted writing style and sharp political analysis but also because no blog means no pictures and no pictures means no Photoshop and no Photoshop means, well, you know what it means.

So it is with great joy that I celebrate the return of the Lex to Blogtopia by formally inducting him and his lovely bride*, Lady Lex, into the venerable Exalted Order of the Koihead. So much more charming than a wedge of plastic cheese, don'tcha think?


And the little koi look like they're smooching. I think that's almost as adorable as Lex and his Lady.

* Only the 3rd such couple to be so honored, including me and The Spouse, which you sorta have to do since I made this whole thing up in the first place.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Sling opined...

SCORE!!
Lex has played pix of he and the lovely Mrs.Lata close to the vest for too long.
Now that it's been documented...I'm thinkin' this calls for a toast!..or blackmail...whichever.

August 20, 2007 6:47 PM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

You honor us with these beautiful piscine yarmulkes, Honorable Lady Lorraine. Thank you.

August 20, 2007 7:49 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

No kidding, Sling. Once, I tried to make a tiny koihead outta a stupid little picture of him in a crowd at a parade or ice fishing or some such thing and it SO didn't work.

Skol!

Lex, you are more than welcome. Seriously, been a long time comin'.

August 20, 2007 7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Somewhere in heaven, an angel just got it's wings.

August 20, 2007 10:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

You guys crack me up.
Lorraine, you are wonderfully original and extraordinary! I love your blog!

August 21, 2007 3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

And now, if we can just get Red, Kendall, and Barista Brat to follow Lex's lead...

August 21, 2007 6:21 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

A little bitty angel with a halo shaped like a koihead.

Well, thanks Greeny. I love your blog, too.

Ah, JP, you say that as if there were clearly defined criteria for becoming a koihead. It is ephemeral, subjective, nearly indefinable. Could those you mention one day be koihead? Perhaps. And yet, the making of koihead is a mystery. Even to me.

August 21, 2007 7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Oh. I thought the "mystery" part was waiting for them to put a picture of themselves online.

August 21, 2007 1:32 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

I celebrated Lex's return by eating an entire hunk of cheese.

August 21, 2007 4:47 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh, JP. If only it were that easy.

Cheese is good, Iwanski. Very good.

August 21, 2007 6:53 PM  
Blogger more cowbell opined...

yeah, this is so much nicer than the cheese, on account of they were AT LAMBEAU stadium with all those cheeseheads, watching my team get their asses handed to them on a platter. Of cheese.

I'd have cried again if I'd had to see them sporting cheese wedges.

I'm new to his blog, but it rocks, and they look great with kissing fishies on their heads.

August 21, 2007 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home