Friday, November 10, 2006

Behold, The Power of Cheese

For those of you newish to this blog, long ago in the mists of time, Legal Alien and I made a bet. Hopeful little scamp that I am, I bet him smoked salmon and a case of The Spouse's homebrew that the Democrats would gain control of the house in '06. Savvy, intelligent, former Beltway insider that he is, he took the bet, offering some of Wisconsin's finest cheese should I be right. He was not worried. Oh, he liked the idea just fine, he just did not see it in the cards.

The bet became an inside joke, a sort of shorthand we would sometimes use in posts or comments left on each other's blogs.

On Saturday I received an email from Legal Alien, asking for my shipping address, just in case. I was almost loathe to give it to him in advance of the election. It might jinx things. (I'm rational like that). But I sent it, with crossed fingers. I really enjoy cheese. I was going to enjoy it even more under the circumstances.

But no jinx befell us as you are by now well aware. And today, with great joy, I received the cheese, 2 pounds of Wisconsin cheddar and a simple note: "Enjoy the best bet I ever lost".
Thanks, LA!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lex Lata opined...

You're more than welcome.

But darn it, I thought "rind-aged" cheddar would be a wheel, not a block. Oh, well. The perils of shopping online.

November 10, 2006 7:21 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Well, now you know. Should there be a next time. Thanks again. You rock.

November 10, 2006 10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

that IS some good cheese. i still think my favorite is this colby cheese from a little cheese factory near my hometown. that and fresh cheese curds anywhere in this state!

November 11, 2006 5:56 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Ah, the cheese curds. I have never had those, Stacy. Remind me to request them next time I make a bet with LA.

November 11, 2006 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home