Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ii Yi Yi

I'm well aware that my blogging lately has been largely inane. Sorry about that. Ready for more?

My "Things To Do Before We Leave for Chicago" list is getting longer, not shorter. Last night The Spouse queried whether we needed ID for The Child. Crap. Her passport is expired and that's all she's got. I just called the airline and the good news is that since she's travelling with us, she doesn't need it. I thanked the agent for saving me an hour or two at the DMV this morning. Because, as it is, we've got to go to the dentist.

Earlier this week The Child was complaining about a swollen spot on her gums. I figured it owed to a luncheon of popcorn. She flossed and everything seemed to be fine but last night she woke me up, complaining of pain, and the spot was very swollen again. We obviously have to deal with it now because emergency dentistry in Chicago is not on the itinerary. We're on our way to the dentist right now (a new one, who happens to be just a few blocks away; that's super convenient).

Depending on the diagnosis, I'll either have an insane day or just a very crazy one.

But think of it. Regardless of how nuts things feel right now, the reality is that somewhere in the midst of it all we will get packed, keys will get to The Neighbor (who's watching the house, feeding The Cat and watering the garden). And then we'll be in Chicago and I'll be able to regale you with the fascinating details of our little adventure.

We now return you to your regular scheduled programming.




Update: The Child now has one less tooth in her head. She's very happy as the traumatic removal of a tooth necessarily bumps up the price the Tooth Fairy pays out. And check this out: the dentist put the tooth in this little box. I'd never seen anything like that before.

The Child is now relatively pain-free and to ice the cake, we were back home by 9am. So, yay!, Mommy has time to go get her hair cut. Must represent in Chicago, after all.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Citymouse opined...

Email me--- ill give you my ### and see if we can share a glass of wine some time while you are here!

June 28, 2007 8:18 AM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

oh... and i hope the tooth thing is ok too

June 28, 2007 8:19 AM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Ugh. May the phrase "emergency dentistry" never pass your lips again.

And yes, everything will get done, and the trip will be fabulous. Hooray.

June 28, 2007 8:37 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I'm on it, Mouse. That would be so superfantastic.

Red, amen and amen.

June 28, 2007 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Chicago.

Drinking wine with Citymouse.

[sigh.]

June 28, 2007 10:05 AM  
Blogger Seattle Coffee Girl opined...

I hope that was a baby tooth they yanked out of the Child's head...?

Deep breaths...soon you'll be in the Windy City!

June 28, 2007 10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I remember those little boxes! I had a pale green one for years and years. Here's hoping that your day is only mildly crazed. (clink) What? Too early for clinkies? Pooh.

June 28, 2007 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Hat has wine. I feel better now.

June 28, 2007 11:55 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

JP: I swear, you are looking really peaked. I think you should call in sick on Monday...

SCG: Yeah, it was a stubborn baby tooth. Now I just need someone to explain why her baby teeth all came in so straight and neat and her adult teeth are coming in $2000-worth-of-orthodontia crooked.

Hat, on a day like today I'm likely to evoke the time-honored "it's cocktail hour somewhere" rule.

JP: You're still looking peaked. And a little flushed. Oh. That's the wine.

June 28, 2007 1:32 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Was it a wisdom tooth? Poor baby. You will represent quite well I think.

June 28, 2007 1:46 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Bon Voyage!..
Hey!...I spoke French. :)

June 28, 2007 6:46 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Merci, mon petite Sling. Merci beaucoup!

June 28, 2007 9:22 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Rosie, it was just a regular baby tooth. She's right as rain now. And thanks.

June 28, 2007 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home