Friday, June 29, 2007

My Bags Are Packed (I'm Ready to Go)

Just a few more things to do and we're outta here. Chicago, here we come.

There are so many fun things on our agenda: a dinner party tomorrow night, the Taste of Chicago on Monday, 4th of July party on the 3rd, tickets to "Wicked". And in between, I assume, all manner of sight-seeing and plenty of eating. It's going to be superfantastic!

But as much as I'm looking forward to seeing Chicago (a town I've only ever been in to change planes), the best part is going to be making people "real": Jon, Iwanski, Miss Healthypants, City Mouse (plus we're hooking up with Nicole, who is already real but who we haven't seen in about 8 years). I feel like I know these people already but no matter how honest we are in our blogs, we can still hide behind our words. Meeting these people face-to-face, talking with them, eating with them, hopefully laughing with them - a lot - is going to be a whole different experience. It's a little nerve making. What if they don't like me? Chance I'm willing to take, of course, but there's a little of that. Just a little. Because I'm going to be on my best behavior. Maybe I'll give them presents. Or cash. Then they'll like me, right?

And even though we don't get to meet up with JP (stupid work - I hate them), it's going to be fun being in the same time zone as he is. That's something, isn't it? None of that "it's too early/too late" to call nonsense for 7 whole days. Yep. That's a good thing.

(I ♥ you, Poodle...wish you were going to be there. Are you sure you're feeling well enough to work? Did I just hear you cough?)

I have every intention of blogging while I'm away but I know you'll understand if it's not every day. (Although, who are we kidding? You know I will). Y'all take good care of yourselves!

TTFN!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I'm having a John Hughes movie marathon in your honor this weekend. And I'm only going to use Lorraine'isms like lurve and superfantastic and hearting things and moi until you return safely home.

June 29, 2007 8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

oh oh, and frack. How the frack did I forget that one?

June 29, 2007 8:56 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Bless your frakking little superfantastic heart, Hat. I lurve you! Hold down the fort this side of the mountains, will you?

(There's a half liter of wine on the buffet in the living room. But you have to make sure there are at least 2 glasses left for when we get home, 'K?)

June 29, 2007 9:06 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I already have the feeling that we're going to be crying when I drop you guys off at the airport to leave. (And yes, I'm a little nervous too, so lets be nervous TOGETHER!)
L&P
B

June 29, 2007 9:36 AM  
Blogger more cowbell opined...

Oh, I liked this post. I'm so excited for you, making people real. Just like the Velveteen Rabbit! I'd be nervous too, but I'm sure you've got it in the bag. What with the cash, your cooking, and your wit, no worries, honey! And if that doesn't work, does the Child know how to tap dance or any Li'l Orphan Annie songs?

Wicked! How fun!

June 29, 2007 10:20 AM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Have a great trip! And you're planning a trip to DC next year, yes? Seriously, the Child should see the monuments and such ...

June 29, 2007 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

[sigh.]

June 29, 2007 3:20 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Jon: Tee!

Cowbell, almost exactly like the Velveteen Rabbit! We'll rub the fur off these people! (That doesn't sound right). And yeah, I can always get The Child to sing "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" or something.

Red, Fundraising is afoot for our nation's capital. Next spring. You're one of the sights, right?

JP: I know. Sniff.

June 30, 2007 6:43 AM  
Blogger Renee opined...

How did y'all meet on the Internet?

June 30, 2007 9:17 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

The interwebs are a mysterious and amazing thing, Renee. And please kiss wee Harry's head for me!

July 01, 2007 1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home