Saturday, December 23, 2006

Yeah. I'm Done Shopping. Which has Nothing to Do with Anything.

By the luck of the draw, most of my adult, pre-Spouse Christmases were spent sans partner. I wasn't lucky in love; what can I say? And as those of you who are single can no doubt appreciate, it was sometimes a little tough at Christmas, what with all the married spouses and everything rubbing my singleness in my face. My best friend and her husband had all these wonderful little Christmas traditions and it always made me yearn for the day when maybe just maybe I'd get to share all that with someone, too.

It was thus very appropriate, at least to me, that The Spouse and I became engaged at Christmas time. It was like a big karmic, "hey, we'll make it all up to you" from the heavens.

Anyhoo, prior to our becoming engaged, but during the pre-Christmas festivities, he was working in Portland, which is only a few hundred miles away, but I'd hear this song and feel it anyway. And, btw, of all the times in the year when I'm glad to share my life with the old fellow, Christmas is still one of the best.

Oh, and you'll have to turn this up because the sound is a little low. But when do you not turn up these guys?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Grish opined...

Karma is like that isn't it? :-)

December 23, 2006 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home