Thursday, December 21, 2006

I ♥ JP

As if the trauma of no internets, followed by an hour long conversion to the New Blogger once I got the internets back wasn't enough...I had to go and click on that "update your template" button. Which, of course, sucked a bunch of my favorite sidebar stuff out of my blog and scared the hooha outta me.

So I did what I always do in a time of crisis. I dialed Omaha.

(ring ring ring)

JP: "I know what you're doing right now".

Moi: (something to the effect of) "Frakkety frak frak Blogger frakkety Blogger".

He immediately began to talk me down, at which point I realized the need to call him back on the land line because a) I can't mess with template stuff and hold a glass of wine at the same time and 2) the land line has a speaker phone.

All those manageable details sorted out, he very gently and patiently and without being the least bit condescending walked me through the bulk of my issues.

Still a few bugs to work out, which have been referred to Eva. I'm so glad I don't have to struggle through life, or bloggerness, on my own.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Yeah, you forgot to mention that I didn't have a clue what to do. But thanks for forgetting to mention that, by the way.

December 21, 2006 10:26 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

So not true. You knew way more than I did. Plus, you laugh at my jokes.

December 21, 2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

I see you got the labels thing working, tho'. Pretty cool. When I moved over to the new Blogger, I spent a good couple of hours furiously labelling everything; great fun.

December 22, 2006 4:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Now I would convert if I had an OMAHA and a speaker phone.
I think the wine glass in your hand was tough but I would have put my wine in one of those hats that have the tankards on each side and straws from each to fit in you mouth. Glass tankards because wine from plastic is just gross...
Congrats on the move.

December 22, 2006 5:51 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

R7...it's much as I imagine my life would be were I do finally go for it and buy one of those high-end label maker thingys. I do like to organize things.

Greeny...it's actually pretty straightforward once you do it...there were just some things that I know how to do in html that I couldn't figure out how to include now that html isn't really required for formatting your template. (How ironic, given that I know nothing of html in the first place). And wine out of plastic....eeeewww...good call on the glass tankard wine hat.

December 22, 2006 6:39 AM  
Blogger jLow opined...

L- what does it say that I check your blog before I check my email?

So glad you're back and the transition, though nerve-wracking, was completed.

Love ya!

December 22, 2006 7:22 AM  
Blogger Grish opined...

On the bright side once you get it all straightened out you shouldn't have to mess with much more code. So there is that..

December 22, 2006 8:06 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Jlow, That you love me? I'm honored. (Besides, I'm far more interesting than Incontinent P. Oatmeal trying to sell you more pharmaceuticals).

Grish, True that, although when I can't figure out which stupid little "page element" to use in place of what I used to use html for, it's kinda frustrating.

December 22, 2006 8:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

You know, you coulda called me too. But JP is probably way more accessible, especially if it was late at night.

December 22, 2006 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home