Saturday, December 23, 2006

Here's the 80's

And now, after a long hiatus (it was only one weekend and it was only last weekend which, btw, feels like forever ago) "Here's the Thing" is proud to bring you a special Christmas episode of "Here's the 80s", with your host, Lorraine.

(clap, clap, clap)

Hey there, hi there, it's great to be back!

It's taken our researchers weeks of intensive YouTubing to find some of the treasures we're spinning today. We don't have a lot of offerings for today, but what we do have is, mostly, choice. Or not. Doesn't really matter, because best as I can tell, nearly all of Blogtopia has cleared out for the holiday and I've got enough here to keep the two of you that are left entertained. Also, there's a lot on the family docket today: preliminary decorating, the first ritual lighting of the Finger Tree, The Child absolutely must clean her room by 3 or I'm shoveling everything out and I have to go shopping. (Discovered some serious gift deficits during my wrapping session last night, not to mention buying the groceries for the feast. Did pick up the goose yesterday. It is, as The Spouse likes to say, "The biggest goose in all of England". You have to say it like Tiny Tim. The Dickens one).

So anyhoo, without further ado, let's get this party started. This little number, which is frankly, ridiculous on many levels, still made me laugh. Plus, it reminded me of yet another 80s name that has yet to be represented on our show. The guy in the video is a British comedian. Yeah, I'd never heard of him either. But perhaps some of our overseas viewers will recognize him.


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Hi Lorraine!

I love the 80's, and I love Christmas, and I love 80's Christmas videos!

Yay!

December 23, 2006 9:06 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Hi JP! Glad to have you back. And hey, thanks again for spinning the show last weekend. The producers and I were very pleased.

Hope you have fun today!

December 23, 2006 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Hey! Didn't that guy play the Albino in "Princess Bride"?

December 23, 2006 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home