Wednesday, September 13, 2006

10 Days and Counting

The Wedding is almost here. Our dear friend BBB, otherwise known as The Bride, will be marrying her prince Charming, heretofore referred to as The Prince, on the 23rd. The excitement is mounting. The Child, I believe I have mentioned, is a junior bridesmaid, The Spouse is an usher and I'm helping take up the gifts for Eucharist. Big doin's, big fun and I've already seen the seating chart and am happy to report that we will be hanging with the best people at the party, including The Neighbor.

To recap: I had the perfect Little Black Dress and then found the shoes to go with it. Then I got the super fantastic jewelry from The Neighbor and had to rethink the shoes. Which was fine. Then Darling Edy, the twin from whom I was separated at birth, emailed me and said, in a word, "no" accompanied by a picture of very darling shoes. This had the effect of making me wish that Edy and I lived in the same place so we could go shopping together.

Smart aleck that I am, I emailed her back with the message that if she wore a size 8 she should put them in a box and send them to me post haste.

Which she fracking did!
















Can you believe her? What a kind and generous gal. Seriously. I'm just gobsmacked that she would take the time to do something like that.

So now my ensemble for The Wedding is complete and while I will not be more gorgeous than The Bride, I will not be an embarrassment to my family, either. And just for the record, while I am very excited to get all dolled up, I'm even more excited to be there for The Bride and The Prince, two people who are beautifully suited to each other and who are going to have a wonderful life together. I don't think I've looked so forward to a wedding since my own shindig, nearly 15 years ago.

Thanks, Edy. You rock. And here's to you Bride and Prince. Your wedding day is going to be super fantastic.

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Unknown opined...

Oh, how gorgeous and sexy!

September 13, 2006 12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Holy cow, those shoes are spectacular! You are going to look so fab on your birthday, hanging out with all the cool cats from our parish at your very own hipster table.

What a fun day it's going to be, LT. I'm so glad you've been with me every step of the way. I'm the luckiest girl on the planet to have a friend in you. And a hunky prince in my Prince Charming.

Here's to great shoes and plenty of dancing...
The Bride

September 13, 2006 1:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

OMG - Edy DOES rock! They are PERFECT and how amazing of her to send them to you!!! I'm jealous.

September 13, 2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger Otilia opined...

Glad they arrived! You forgot to mention that they ZIP up the back...a little detail that some may find quite intriguing.

September 13, 2006 1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

(I'm guessing her husband will find those zippers very intriguing...)

Edy, you have exquisite taste in shoes. I'll make sure Lorraine rips up the dance floor in them at the wedding.

~The Bride

September 13, 2006 2:03 PM  
Blogger Molly opined...

dude, you're friends are cooler than mine!! YOu are going to look swanky auntie raine!

September 13, 2006 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I am seething with envy, mostly because I have big feet (10) and cannot someday borrow these from my smaller-footed nayb. I feel like one of the evil step sisters and am compelled to wear something bright red to the wedding.

My, how super fantastic shoes can bring out the strong emotions in us!

What a lovely friend you have in Edy and in the word of Napolean Dynamite - Luuucky....

September 13, 2006 2:54 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Nice. You're nice.

The world needs more nice.

September 13, 2006 3:52 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Nayb, You'll look stunning in red. In fact, you and I will look very stunning together in our red and black ensembles, being all fashionable at the Cool Table.

Iwanski, Yeah, I'm pretty nice but for sure today's prize winner in Niceness is Edy.

September 13, 2006 4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Killer Kicks lorraine!

September 13, 2006 9:16 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Sling, I know. I want to get optimal mileage out of them before returning them to their owner. I'm thinking of wearing them to church on Sunday.

September 13, 2006 11:12 PM  
Blogger Nicole opined...

here's a question your female audience is dying to know. How many pairs of shoes do you have, Lorraine?

September 13, 2006 11:39 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Nice looking shoes there...

September 14, 2006 3:03 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Nicole, 19. That's not too many, is it? And Edy's don't count because they are loaners.

September 14, 2006 6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Edy rocks. And the shoes really are super fantastic. And gobsmacked is a really cool word.

September 14, 2006 7:41 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I want a friend like Edy!
I almost had to take a sedative when I saw those shoes; they're so fantastic.
What kind of wine would go with those shoes, I wonder?

September 14, 2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

rJon. Darling. Champagne!

September 14, 2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

The only time in my life I ever had anything close to 19 pairs of shoes was when I was in high school and worked in a shoe store. Growing up poor, I was limited to one pair of saddle shoes and one pair of tennis sheos per school year. Working at the shoe store, I accumulated TWENTY-FIVE pairs of shoes! Can you believe it! I even had two pair of navy blue shoes - a sinful deviation from the black or white I was usually allowed.

I think I have 10 pair now. And I mostly wear two.

September 14, 2006 3:42 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Gina, I sometimes think that my shoe obsession is a product of a similarly shoe deprived childhood.

I'm happy to say that I do in fact wear all those shoes. Not at the same time, though.

September 14, 2006 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home