Saturday, September 09, 2006

100 Songs

Sprinkled in among the more serious talk of child-rearing and politics and such like that, Oakland Fats told me that he had recently made a list of his top 100 songs ever and had been getting other people to do the same. The songs don't have to be listed in order of preference and they are to include all genre and types.

So of course I had to do it and it was pretty much on my mind all day. No matter what I was doing all the songs I've ever loved kept running through my head and I kept making little notes on slips of paper everywhere and stopping in the middle of things to try and remember the title of some song whose lyrics kept playing over and over in my head. And I did not have a restful night because whenever The Dog growled in his sleep or The Spouse snuffled I would wake up and start thinking about songs.

I finished the list this morning and I'm very happy about that because now I can get on with my life.

And no, I'm not going to publish my list because if you decide to do this too then I don't want to poison the well. But if you want, email me your list and then I'll email you mine.

7 Comments:

Blogger Iwanski opined...

Just publish the list, okay?

September 09, 2006 2:11 PM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

The list of my favorite 100 songs is just Billy Joel's Goodnight, Saigon played 100 times in a row.

September 09, 2006 3:31 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Wow, I'm not altogether sure if I could pick 100 songs but I think I will try over the next couple of days and see what happens. No promises though...

September 09, 2006 5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I have exactly 27 songs stored on my 'puter ranging from "Puff the magic dragon" to "Jesu,joy of man's desiring".
The Lizzard King makes me wear headphones if I want to listen to them.

September 09, 2006 5:27 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Iwanski, maybe I will and maybe I won't.

LA, that explains so much....

Grish, Don't let your head explode.

Sling, Hmmm. One of those is on my list, too...

September 09, 2006 5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Are they actually in order? At least tell us what number one is...

I'm Casey Kasem.

September 09, 2006 9:22 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

They are not in order. But the first one on my list is "Tangled Up in Blue". Oh, fine. I'll post the damn list. Tomorrow.

September 09, 2006 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home