Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Change in Plans

We have to be open to the surprises life hands us. Too wedded to one idea and we create for ourselves untold stress and disappointment, not to mention possibly missing out on bigger and better joys than the ones we had imagined.

Last night The Neighbor came home from a visit to see her kids in Montana. She brought with her an early birthday gift for me. She saw it, she immediately thought of me and of the LBD for The Wedding. And so, without further ado, I am switching to a more simple pump than the one I showed you yesterday in order to not detract from these:



















But not to worry, my little fashion chicks. I will have plenty of occasions to wear the Mary Jane pumps. For example, Maria is hosting a brunch in a few weeks with Senators Feinstein and Boxer. I think the Mary Janes will look terrific with a black pencil skirt and a crisp white blouse, no?

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Pretty. But I don't see why you can't wear the shoes too. Probably good that I'm not a girl.

You will be required to take a photo of yourself pre-wedding for us to see.

September 07, 2006 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Cut it out already. You're going to upstage the bride!

~The Bride

(Seriously, though...snaps to the Neighb for her impeccable sense of style. She rocks the house, I puffy heart her.) :)

September 07, 2006 1:08 PM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I need to see the simple pumps before deigning to approve.

September 07, 2006 1:59 PM  
Blogger Nicole opined...

I clearly need to spend more time in Montana.

September 07, 2006 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I will take full responsibility for photo-ing Lorraine in full regalia pre-wedding. Lovely Ms. Bride, she will not upstage you. She will upstage me and I'm the single one so I'm a little pissed about that.

September 07, 2006 3:46 PM  
Blogger HORIZON opined...

"What lovely bobbles my dear, enough to feed a small nation,no?" I think that was from the movie, Mrs. Doubtfire-LOL
The jewelry is smashing and will look fab on you!! :)
A lady can never have enough shoes darling- just ask Imelda.

September 07, 2006 4:07 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Fancy! Looks like your getting dolled up pretty good I hope you take pictures of the whole ensemble before the wedding...

September 07, 2006 5:27 PM  
Blogger Molly opined...

WOW! THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!! And your first little paragraph; genius. I'm going to start saying that all the time until it's as big as, "WASSUP!" I am just that loyal to you! :)

September 07, 2006 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home