Monday, September 14, 2009

If This Was on a Post-it It Would be One of the Little Square Ones. In Pink.

Busy, busy weekend. In fact, today I will be tempted, when people ask "How was your weekend?" to say, "What weekend"?

It was my god-daughter Kiki's baptism weekend. That meant a seminar in the morning. Then Kiki's mom, Suzanne, and I went and got our toes did. Then I took her to a salon to get her bangs did. Then I took her home. Then I got home at 4 and had to borrow champagn-ya flutes from The Neighbor and start cooking and oh, yeah, clean my house and there were 2 separate trips to the grocery store and we didn't eat dinner until 10pm (and aren't I just very thankful for a) a patient family and 2) Trader Joe's Mandarin Orange Chicken in a bag).

Then I got up early on Sunday to see if I could get the house a little cleaner, which didn't go exactly as I'd hoped but I also reached that point where you go "Screw 'em" in reference to anyone who may be attending the party who may care strongly about cleanliness levels and then it was off to church for the sacrament (which was soooo lovely) and then back to the house for a party (which was very fine and no one said a thing about the dust) and by the time it was all over all I could do was sit in front of my computer for a few hours and play Sims2 until The Spouse served a glorious bistro dinner of Steak au Poivre and pomme frittes.

And now I just looked at the clock and have to be at work in 35 minutes and since 10 of those are spent driving I'd better go, huh?

This is my beautiful god-daughter at the party yesterday.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

You are the best god-mother in the world.

And -- there's those eyes again... she wants me to do something... a pony? Yes, I'm going to buy her a pony...

September 14, 2009 9:29 AM  
Blogger Willym opined...

She is such a sweetie and so is her godmother. She is fortunate to have you as her spiritual guardian.

September 14, 2009 10:03 AM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

awww, what a cutie-pie.

September 14, 2009 10:08 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Your god-daughter is just so adorable!--those beautiful eyes! *smiles*

September 14, 2009 12:22 PM  
Blogger Anne opined...

I think you'd need a large square post-it for this.

September 15, 2009 11:28 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

A very famous Hat once said,'I want to eat her toes!'..

September 15, 2009 11:34 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

You got lucky, JP. She gave me the Ferrari look.

And I'm fortunate to have her, Wills. She's the sort that's going to teach me as much about things as anything I might offer her.

BA: Yep. And she's such a good kid, too. Rarely ever fusses or pouts or cries. At least when I've been with her.

MHP: Right? They just go on for days. But as JP has already learned, best to not stare at them directly.

Anne, possibly one of the heart shaped ones I have at work.

Sling, I eat Kiki's toes all the time. And I always save one, symbolically, for the famous Hat.

September 16, 2009 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home