Tuesday, September 08, 2009

First Day of School

Well, it feels like it.

The Child started back over a week ago and already there was the snap in the air that makes you reach for a sweater and think that a nice beef daube would make an excellent dinner. But this morning I woke up to misty fog-like swirls in the air and no matter how many warm days we have left before the official start of autumn, it appears she is here.

I just read the President's back-to-school speech. I couldn't help thinking that someday, down the road, we're going to hear stories about successful people who mark that speech as they point when they got their academic crap together. I wish I'd heard a speech like that when I was in school.

The Labor Day weekend was composed of equal parts accomplishment and laziness. Now that it's over, I'm wishing I'd gotten just a wee bit more done. But that's what early risings are for, right? So I'm going to go pungle some bills before I have to wake up The Child. That way I can justify playing Sims2 when I get home from work. Because I'm back on the Sims kick. It's a good thing.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger sageweb opined...

Wow The child started school early. Please no! Dont let Fall be here...oh wait..we dont get a season change down here...carry on.

September 08, 2009 8:56 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Sage is funny.

September 08, 2009 9:44 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

We heard the old rickety school bus rumble down the road at 5:30 this morning. You gotta be impressed with parents and kids that can be at the bus stop at 5:30....it was 36 this morning, rained the whole weekend and is supposed to get up to a roaring 70 today.....trees are starting to turn already.....crap.

September 08, 2009 12:06 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

5:30? Slackers.

September 08, 2009 10:01 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

I haven't played the Sims in FOREVER--I'm more addicted to Facebook than anything now. :)

September 10, 2009 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home