Thursday, August 20, 2009

Programming Changes

Very little else is on my mind today other than the fact that "Project Runway", after a long hiatus, is returning to the airwaves tonight. I. Love. Tim. Gunn. When I first see him tonight I may just pee a little. Squeeeee!

I was telling MAB that I didn't think I'd be blogging recaps this year, what with the whole having-a-job thing. Those recaps may look effortless as a little black dress with pearls but I work hard on those suckers, people. It usually took me a couple hours to craft one recap and I just couldn't see gittin' 'er done, especially since the show will be airing at 10pm. When I told her this MAB gave me a look, a look you don't want to see. A look so rich with both disappointment and loathing that it turns your heart to stone.

"What?" she asked, her tones measured but loaded with menace.

"I don't think I can recap the show. There's not enough..."

She held up her hand and shook her head. "No, you WILL recap 'Project Runway' and you will recap it on Friday."

"But I..."

"I said you will recap PR on Friday. You will come in late to work. It is more important that you recap the show than get here at 8".

See why I call her My Awesome Boss? It's not just that she is giving me time to write the recap, it's that she understands the importance of PR in a young woman's life. How much do we love MAB?

That said, what I won't be doing is Friday Videos. And I dunno, I think I've sorta run out on that little franchise anyway. Our programming director thinks we'll still play the occasional video but the feature will definitely be retired until the end of "Project Runway". Priorities, people. Plus, ad revenues are down.

In other news, after work last night I drove The Child down to school to buy her books for the new year. They didn't have any of the texts she needed. Great. I fought traffic to drive 20 miles south and they didn't have her books. But since school is starting and we're veryvery busy, we had to accomplish this task. So we drove all the way back into the city and north to the U District to go to the U bookstore.

They had the required books AND we only needed to buy 3. We got 2 of them used so I was pretty happy as I sauntered up to the checkout stand. The total? 200 plus dollars. WHAT? Are these things printed on? Platinum? What a damn racket. Somebody had better get As and Bs this year. Just sayin'.

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

High Five to YAB. (your awesome boss, of course)

no biggy on the videos, i mean i'll miss them and all, but i can cope.

$200 for high school books? sheesh. i guess parents have to prep for college, too

August 20, 2009 7:45 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

why can't you write your PR recaps from the office? I mean, you'd be on the clock then, right? and you'd look like you were working

August 20, 2009 7:47 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

That's it. The next opening there is at your place, I want an interview.

I never could bring myself to pay that much for school textbooks. I'd get an earlier edition on half.com for two bucks and do without the two-page chapter that was added to the most recent edition. It's such a racket.

August 20, 2009 7:56 AM  
Anonymous MN Fan opined...

Oh, thank goodness! I only have an antenna for tv and can't watch Project Runway...I got hooked on your PR recaps last year so was having a bit of a panic attack, snaps to YAB!!

August 20, 2009 8:41 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Yay!!! Are you sure there isnt going to be a west coast feed that is earlier? Lifetime advertises Drop dead diva at 9pm but it actually shows at 6 pm. Double check lady. I hope it is on at 7 becasue 10 is past my bedtime. I am excited..and to think it is your and The Hat's fault for getting me hooked. I miss the Hat!

August 20, 2009 8:51 AM  
Blogger Al In The County opined...

YAB is a total rock star, and the world is a better place because of it.

T - 7 hours and counting...

August 20, 2009 10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I tried the same thing with my boss. He asked me if it was a show about airplanes. Then he told me I still needed to be here at 7am.

August 20, 2009 11:06 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

There are some things money can't buy,and YAB is one of them!
Two-hundred smacks for textbooks!??..
Save your money..I'll tell The Child everything I know for $9.95 and an applesauce cake.

August 20, 2009 2:59 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Your MAB needs flowers, candy, wine and a pie I'm thinking. Out of respect for you and MAB I will read the PR recaps even tho I don't watch it and think Mr. Gunn is a little weird. Textbooks....hum, I remember those. Did you know that Kindle has a larger size for college textbooks? Just saying....for future reference.

August 20, 2009 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

You'd make more cash writing the book. Hmmm, maybe after her college?

And what about that advertising?

Should come in handy.

Peace

:+}

August 20, 2009 4:33 PM  
Anonymous desertwind opined...

Three cheers for MAB!

And you, too.

The TV-less are countin' on you, Lorraine!

August 20, 2009 8:11 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Wow, you do have a great boss!! :)

I like my boss and he was really nice to me about my Dad's heart attack, etc....still, I can't picture him telling me to come in late to work so I can recap a TV show!! *grin*

August 23, 2009 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home