Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just to Recap

He doesn't say anything about it at home. He goes weeks, nay, months without leaving a comment. But man...bungle the opening line to a joke and he is all OVER me.

Men.

But for the record: "A three legged dog rides into town. The streets are deserted as townspeople run in terror to their houses. The sheriff locks himself in side the jail house. The dog slams open the doors of the saloon and swaggers up to the bar. The bartender, one hand surripticiously on the rifle he keeps under the bar stutters, "Kin I help you, stranger?" The dog glances around the saloon, fixes the bartender with a look and growls, "I'm lookin' for the man who shot my paw".

See? "Paw" sounds like "pa" so if you're hearing the joke and not reading it it sounds like the dog (a talking dog, mind you, which is pretty funny to begin with) is looking for the man who shot his pa, unless you remember that he's a three legged dog so he's looking...forget it. This is why I never tell jokes.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

Thanks for the paper bag, I'm better now.

March 11, 2009 6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Now I get it!

March 11, 2009 7:24 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

I get it! I am so relieved!!!

March 11, 2009 8:34 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

That's pretty much the way I imagined it.
It's easy if you start with the punchline,and work your way backwards.

March 11, 2009 8:47 AM  
Blogger Willym opined...

Ohh... I get it... its sort of like the one legged jockey joke in Some Like It Hot.

March 11, 2009 8:54 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

I would have messed it up at a dog with 3 legs.

March 11, 2009 9:35 AM  
Blogger Barb opined...

Thanks for the update... I thought I had really missed something.

March 11, 2009 10:32 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Good, Anne.

Funny, huh?

Sage, sorry for the confusion.

Sling, it's even funnier when there's brown liquor involved.

Wills, exactly.

One of these days we need to mess up telling jokes together, Rosie.

You're welcome, Barb. I don't like confusing the new kids on the block. Or the old ones, for that matter.

March 11, 2009 5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

Aaaahhhhh. Now i c.

Uhhh, want something REALLY funny?

Jon Stewart has been tanglin with Jim Cramer (Jon Steart of the Daily Show and Jim Cramer of Mad Money) so go to Huffington Post on the web and check out the article "Jim Cramer selling short and manipulating stocks".

Funny like Madoff.

Peace

:+}

March 11, 2009 9:07 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

thank you for explaining. I was feeling a little dumb.

March 11, 2009 9:30 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yeah, Anonyba, I've heard about that. Jon Stewart is much better at telling jokes.

I'm sorry, Mom, there was a lot of that going around yesterday.

March 12, 2009 6:22 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

LOL! I think the fact that you didn't get the joke for 51 freakin' years is even funnier than the joke itself! :)

March 13, 2009 6:41 PM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

Oh dear, I nearly coughed up my avocado and prawn lunch.

Paw....

(slaps thigh; regrets this, as thigh bruises easily)

March 16, 2009 6:30 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

MHP, I agree...that's the funniest bit of all. Now hold my purse, please...I have to give DA the Heimlich...

March 16, 2009 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home