Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What I Will Be Doing at Work Today

  1. Submitting a bunch of stuff for the foundation magazine.
  2. Wearing beads.
  3. Eating punzckis! (MAB & I don't say "punzcki"! without an exclamation point).
  4. Shopping for andouille sausage.
  5. Making big pots of gumbo for the houseguests to eat for dinner tonight.
  6. Calling school and making a bunch of appointments that will probably mean at least half a day of NOT working at some point but it's that or have The Child practise "Hello, welcome to Walmart". (Oy vey).
  7. Trying not to worry about number 5.
  8. Thinking about pancake races.
  9. Thinking about how awesome it is to have breakfast for supper on Shrove Tuesday.
  10. Eating a lot of sweets since as of tomorrow I'm giving them up for 40 days.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Bad Alice opined...

I actually did "Hello, welcome to Walmart" for one summer. Eek. Weird things happen to you when you work in Walmart. For instance, the time a slightly deranged man asked me to pray with him in the linens section.

February 24, 2009 7:19 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Oh that is right it is ash wednesday tomorrow..I remember the days of giving things up. 40 days seemed like forever when you give up candy. And fish fridays...oh I dont miss that.

February 24, 2009 7:32 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

I was confused why you'd shop for sausage while at work but the next item explained that.

You're a fabulous cook, don't stress about the gumbo, it'll make it tough.

February 24, 2009 9:05 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

What are punzckis!? anyway, google just pointed me to your post. It asked me if I meant "pączki."

February 24, 2009 9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm. Uhhhhh, and what about the biz?

Oh duh, miss moviemaker family. One of the coolest and most creative and individualistic (and therefore spiritual) things any of my friends do (and many are very creative and individualistic) is to make movies and show them at places like the nine one one.

Oscars was the other day. Hello you hollywood types. Isn't being a star better than walmarting?

Oh well guess you were just too busy maybe on hubbies blog?

Its easy to forget the big stuff when the small stuff is screaming.

Peace

:+}

February 24, 2009 10:05 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

I read in the paper today with the economy the way it is Lent is redundant! Made me laugh.

February 24, 2009 11:49 AM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

1. Cool
2. Hey, where'd ya get those?!?
3. Yeeee-uh!
4. Yeeee-uh!
5. Yeeee-uh!
6. That would be a gifilte fish sandwich you don't want to nosh.
7. Make Zen gumbo, which requires no worry.
8. Well, why would't you be?
9. Syrup in the P.M.? What?
10. Jesus bein' preeshiated. Nice.

February 24, 2009 4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Since I have to get up early and can't do Fat Tuesday this year, I'm thinking that I should also be allowed to skip Lent.

Yep, that's gonna be my excuse. Pretty sure I haven't used it with God before.

February 24, 2009 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home