Friday, February 27, 2009

Yesterday The Child was talking, very calmly and rationally, about college options and I, very calmly and quietly, mentioned that better grades would be an assist in that department. She replied, very thoughtfully and respectfully, that she sometimes wished she could go back in time, find her younger self and tell her that homework matters more than she thinks so that knowledge could be imparted to her current self.

I very softly and gently suggested that it wasn't too late to pass on that message to herself and then we proceeded to have a very calm and rational conversation about grades, responsibility and the necessity of doing not only what is required but beyond that in order to maximize opportunities.

Am I walking on eggshells a lot these days? On the homefront, for sure. Some things are a little fragile and call for a delicate balance. This is not always easy for me. My success depends entirely on the type of shoe I happen to be wearing.



U2 "Get Your Boots On"

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Doralong opined...

And there you have it in a nutshell Cuz.

February 27, 2009 7:55 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

could The Child talk to my kid? maybe it's not too late for her.

funny you should post about this today, that was my yesterday's post. (did you copy me?)

February 27, 2009 8:22 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

It's these lovely bonding moments between Mother and Child that you'll always look back on whenever you feel like,..you know,..strangling the life out of her.
..Love the boots!

February 27, 2009 1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

About the song...

The Escape Club called. They want their Wild Wild West back.

February 27, 2009 6:33 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Cuz, we wear the same size, right?

Anne, dammit...and I even read your blog yesterday, but probably earlier than you posted. Crap. And no, I didn't copy. I was looking at Sling's paper.

Sling, WORD!

JP, oh, and I suppose you think the Cylons should abandon Galactica even though Sam told them not to. Pft.

February 27, 2009 7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

No. Those Cylons need to STAY ON GALACTICA! I'm sure of it.

February 27, 2009 11:08 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thank heaven for THAT.

February 28, 2009 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home