Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'd Offer Deep Insights but I Have to Sweep Up Dog Food

It occurred that an interesting project for Lent might be to keep a photo journal...a picture a day through the 40 days. I don't know that such a project will necessarily bear all sorts of insightful fruit but at the very least it will be an exercise in being mindful; it will call me to pay attention, look around, notice.

I don't anticipate posting every photo or anything but already the contrast between yesterday and today is striking:


"Ash Wednesday"



"February 26"

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

Hey Lo'Annie,

please do post photos everyday, I think viewing subtle changes is kinda cool.

February 26, 2009 7:40 AM  
Blogger Willym opined...

Hi there - I'm with Annie on this one. That second photo - quick first look I said: Oh snowdrops. Then realized: OH Snow Drops!

February 26, 2009 7:54 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Figures it would snow..I have to be in Centralia for a wedding this weekend. It is so much easier to pack clothes for warm weather.

I love the photo Idea!

February 26, 2009 9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

Excellent. Yes, and the child will go hhhmmppff maybe at first but be patient and encouraging and before ya know it maybe ya can reach into that creative child and preserve it and use it to keep open that channel of communication. After all creativity is what she does best.

Peace

:+}

February 26, 2009 12:18 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

"Lo'Annie"...bwahahaha...

Wills, 'xactly. In fact, I went to take a snow picture of yesterday's croci but alas, they were under 3 inches of snow!

Sage, pack the long underwear, the sleeveless sun dress, a scarf and sunscreen. ANYTHING could happen.

Anonyba, perhaps you are right. We did get through the last 24 hours without yelling at each other. There's always hope.

February 26, 2009 2:31 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

I like this idea! Keep the photos coming! :)

February 26, 2009 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home