Friday, March 27, 2009

The Best Thing About A Trip is All the Blog Fodder. Betcha I Have Material to Last Another Week.


Funny thing about this song. I had never heard of it or the artist. Because I'm out of touch that way. My first awareness of this song came last Thursday night, when JP and Minogue engaged in a knowledgable and passionate debate about the tune. Basically, he loved it and she hated it.

Then Saturday night I heard it for the first time. Under circumstances which will be described to you in due course. Point is, he turned to me and said, "Now do you know why I like this?" And I did.

The video is kinda ridiculous and overwrought but considering that I came this close to playing "Sneakernight", someone out there in Omaha owes me.



Lady Gaga "Pokerface"

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger sageweb opined...

SOng is catchy...video crashed on me at 1:46..no worky..I will never see the end.

March 27, 2009 7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Same here Sage.

OK so when he said he liked the song, was it on the speakers or was the video on? I could see liking the video a little I guess.

My problem is that her synthesized voice makes her sound like she's 87 and under water, and the whole "mah mah mah pokerface, mah mah poke her face" part is really annoying. Sorry boys and girls, this is still a fail in my book.

March 27, 2009 8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

A++.

It's the new Umbrella. Ella. Ella.

March 27, 2009 8:29 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Crap...may have to reload it later. Just go to YouTube for the whole thing.

Minogue, a drag queen was dancing and "singing" to it. It was hot. My favorite part is the "can't read ma, can't read ma, no he can't read ma poker face"...I could sing it all day. Good thing I'm not in Omaha, huh?

JP, that is EXACTLY what it is.

March 27, 2009 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

Hhhhhmmmmm. Serendipity.

I heard a different version blogging about the web just yesterday.

It was called Butterface and it was a parody I thought was a bit sick and kinda tasteless.

I thought Lady Gaga is art and some teenage boy types here thought so too and were familiar with the artist as soon as it started.

At least it is her own sound, lol.

I didn't really catch the poke her face bit either. THought it could have been a reflection of some of my own failed because of lack of communication relationships.

Thanks much for playing it.

Peace

:+}

March 27, 2009 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home