Monday, March 23, 2009

A Good Time Was Had By All

I had hoped for a little decompression time when I got home. (Flying is anything but decompressing for a woman who has issues with the whole proceeding)....time to unpack, shower maybe (even though that meant that the superfantastic haircut I got would be forever altered because I can never style my hair the way the stylist did it)....maybe even blog a little or catch up on my email or, possibly, just sit quietly...drinking in the silence of the house and rubbing the belly of a very excited and happy puppy.

I had a very wonderful weekend in Omaha. It surprised me on so many levels and there is so much to think about and write about. I was more or less ready to come home (although I did start spontaneously weeping as the plane started to taxi to the runway at Eppley) but things were such an anxious whirl right before I left and then I go have this completely carefree weekend only to have it be over and have to return to normal right away and I think you can appreciate that a little transition time was a good idea.

I got home to a quiet house (The Spouse and Child were out making a movie all day). The Dog was very, very happy to see me. And precisely 3 minutes later The Family returned and my Seattle life was kick-started. There's probably a metaphor for something in all that. But I have to get dressed for work so I'll have to dig it out later.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

I hate that: arriving home to silence and you don't even have time to breathe in the quiet air and, wham! time to be a mom again with out a moment to enjoy an empty house. Did I say I hated that?

Welcome Home!

Hey, I joined the big kids, I got a facebook page!

March 23, 2009 8:20 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Right? And then almost the first question is "Were you going to go grocery shopping?" (To his credit, when I suggested that was not exactly an appropriate question to ask someone who'd been out of town for 4 days he understood but sheesh!) Oh, and I'll friend you tonight. Don't know about your work but we're denied Facebook access from work computers here. Pft.

March 23, 2009 12:44 PM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Very cool you had a good time. I think when dogs welcome you home it is just the best....why can't people be so wiggly?

March 23, 2009 2:05 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Rainey's home!..(wiggles happy tail).
Glad you had some fun,and made it home safely..What's for dinner?

March 23, 2009 2:16 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

photos? minute by minute travelogue? I'm glad you had fun, are back home and have a sweet doggie that loves you.

March 23, 2009 5:08 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Glad you had fun, Rainey! :) And you know I'm totally with you on the "flying being anything but decompressing." Glad you made it through the flight okay. :)

March 23, 2009 5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Sometimes I weep when I'm LANDING at Eppley. That's another story.

March 23, 2009 6:16 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

Home, with all it's demands and business, is my favorite place. glad it was a good weekend. Glad you're home again.

March 23, 2009 6:24 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Sage, right? (rubs Sling's belly)

March 23, 2009 9:14 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Rosie, yes, in time.

March 23, 2009 9:14 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

MHP, seriously? I would so much rather be teleported or some other damn thing than fly. Unfortunately, there are those I love who are not within easy driving distance and so there you go. (But I. Hate. To. Fly. and consequently anytime I fly to see someone they should be VERY impressed. And then give me liquor).

March 23, 2009 9:15 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Poodle, all I can picture right now is you... picking that fight with me...right in front of the TSA guy...and then hugging you and kissing you and telling you I loved you...and also, how the TSA guy looked at me while he checked my ID. Thanks for that.

March 23, 2009 9:17 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

True that, Mom. But Mommy still needed to ease into it all a little more than she got. But it's all good.

March 23, 2009 9:18 PM  
Blogger Anne opined...

You need an iphone so you can facebook at work :)




(and be my friend)

March 24, 2009 6:35 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Anne, I tried to friend you last night but there are a million of you. Seriously. You have to friend me so I can find you!

March 24, 2009 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home